1) Place the band just above your ankles.
2) Face a wall, chair or anything you can use to slightly balance with.
3) Slightly bend one leg while you lift the other off the ground.
4) Keep the leg straight (but don’t lock out the knee) and lift to the side.
5) Try not to let the toe rotate open and up.
6) Keep the foot you are lifting parallel to the foot on the ground.
7) Squeeze your butt as you lift. Do not lean to the side just to lift the leg higher.
8) Keep the core tight and stand up nice and tall.
9) Hold for a second at the top and then lower and complete all reps on that side.
10) If you wish to work your external rotators more, you can then turn your toe open as you lift.
11) Just be aware that it is a different move and working the muscles in a different way.