1) Place the band around your ankle and lie on your side on the ground.
2) You can support your head in your hand while lying on your side.
3) Stack your feet on top of each other and then lift your top leg straight as high as you can.
4) Do not lean forward or backward or let your hips rotate forward or backward.
5) Keep your core engaged as you lift.
6) Also, keep the foot that you lift parallel to the one on the ground.
7) If you rotate the toe up toward the ceiling, you will be working your external rotators, which is a great variation that you can also include.