1) Place the band just above your knees and stand with your feet between hip-width and shoulder-width apart.
2) Your feet should be parallel.
3) Press your butt back and sit down until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
4) Your weight should be in your heels and your chest should be up nice and tall.
5) Do not let your knees collapse in as you squat down.
6) Then drive back up through your heels and come back to standing.
7) Your knees shouldn’t cave in as you stand back up.
8) This move is a great way to make sure your glutes are engaged while doing a squat.
9) It also helps teach beginners proper squat form.
10) Beginners may want to perform the squat with band down to a chair or bench to help remind them to sit back as they squat.