Biggest Pet Peeve at the Gym

20 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 1:18am
via iOS
So I'm at the gym, killing time because it's packed and everything I go to do is already taken. Grrrrr!!! What is your biggest pet peeve when you're at the gym?
09 Jul
09 Jul
Sex? People having sex at your gym? :P
09 Jul
Wow did you really see someone having sex eeewww thats gross omg..m
09 Jul
What isn't my pet peeve?! When people see that I'm working out and stop to ''
Image_thumb
147 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 1:20am
via iOS
People sweating all over the equipment and not wiping it down. Disgusting. Have some respect for the next person.
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 1:27am
via iOS
I can't stand the fake machine users trying to pick up on the cutie on the neighboring machine. I'm always waiting, thinking "dude, she's gonna say no she's not interested anyways! Get off my machine!!" Lol
09 Jul
Lol. That's actually kinda funny to watch! ;)
Image_thumb
31 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 1:45am
via Android

at my gym, theres always a group of guys that go there just to watch tv or flirt. umm, this isnt the mall, honey :)

09 Jul
Oh no! That's totally what I'm doing now! Haha, but I am doing the stair climber. :) I'm watching The Bachelorette. I don't have tv at home, so this is a treat. Lol
09 Jul
I don't think I could ever hit on a girl at the gym. I get annoyed if someone interrupts me with a question lol.
10 Jul
You can watch tv at the mall????
10 Jul
Tv at the mall; I knew there was something about that comment that was a little off. Lol. :)
Image_thumb
63 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 1:56am
via iOS
When guys are constantly checking themselves out in the mirrors or someone is jumping back and forth with two machines or benches
09 Jul
Flexing in the mirror has to be an offense too! Especially when they spend more time flexing in the mirror than actually working out!
09 Jul
I like using two machines, so im in your shit list. I dont like sitting idle though. Why wait for the next set when you can be working another body part.
09 Jul
I'm guilty of flexing and supersetting. I'm on her poop deck list too! But I do not hog machines.
09 Jul
I superset between machines too, but I'm working out, not just taking up space. I'm killing it and efficient, so give me a few mins and I'll be outta the way.;)
09 Jul
Kristie, you flex in the mirror? I think that's awesome. Sorry boys, I've got a double standard here, women flexing doesn't bother me. :)
Image_thumb
39 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 2:01am
via iOS
Probably a toss up of people not returning their weights, or leaving the area in the middle of a set so they chan chat it up with their friends
09 Jul
Oh, I hate that! I hate it when they leave the weights all scattered on the floor and you don't know if they're coming back to finish a set, or if they're lazy and just don't clean up after themselves. It also bugs when they put the weights back in the wrong spots!!
Image_thumb
44 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 2:14am
via Android

People who stare when you lift!

09 Jul
I like the watchers sometimes. I just take it as a compliment that they are trying to get lifting tips. ;)
10 Jul
But its just like, "Yeah, I'm working out... At the gym." Lol.
10 Jul
Lol, yeah. What did they expect to see? ;)
Image_thumb
93 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 4:47am
via iOS
I'm new to the gym thing, but those guys and gals who take like 3 pairs of high demand dumbbells for their 10 minute workout that they space out in an hour!  Hit it and quit it, right?
09 Jul
Excuse me newbie, but how'd you get those guns without the gym? :O
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 6:55am
via Android

Ppl who bench/deadlift or squat completely wrong. Just so they can do some heavier reps and think cool about themselves. I see so many people bench completely wrong its ridicilious, especially EVYRYONE is benching you would think they atleast look up how to do it?!

09 Jul
And they get up like, "yeah, ima badass!" All the while we are thinking, "drop 20 pounds and do it right!"
Image_thumb
60 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 4:54pm
via Android

Hi Erin

Had your chance to pump iron yet? ;-)
I train at home so none of this applies to me :-P

09 Jul
Well Om, you're missing out on the violation of social norms! Entertaining at times and just plain irritating at others! ;) enjoy your home gym!!
09 Jul
My home gym is just mat two sets of Dumbbells and a bit of space, advantage that this place is open always when I need it, no enjoying people or sweat except mine ;-)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jul 9, 2013 5:02pm
via Android

Wow very funny im glad I go to a all ladies gym and its plenty machines and wipes to clean them

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 6:49pm
via Android

People who talk on their phones between sets or exercisesI am there to train, not indulge myself in my phone!

10 Jul
Wait... You go to the gym to work out??!? Wth?? ;)
Image_thumb
60 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 8:20pm
via Android

Erin something for you to (and others)
http://totallycoolpix.com/2013/07/kachalka-outdoor-gym-worlds-most-hardcore-gym/

Jul 9, 2013 8:31pm
via Android

Yes! Why do they do that? I just assume it's because they want to use the machine. Well, that's not making me go any faster!

48741_1827527028_190936446_n_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 8:37pm
via Android

I don't like people that are lost and have no plan. They just jump from machine to machine with no real goal. You're working leg machine for 1 set then you jump to shoulder press, then minute later you're on the biceps curl, then your on ab crunches.

09 Jul
This not only bugs me, but makes me wanna get all in their business and tell them that it's probably not the most efficient use of their time to have no routine. I bet unsolicited advice is up there on a bunch of our lists too!
48741_1827527028_190936446_n_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 8:41pm
via Android

I don't hit on anyone, because im about business in the gym. I am guilty of enjoying the views however. It helos me through my workouts.

Img_5448_thumb
376 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 9:25pm
via iOS
Nowadays, it's the damn headache dance music they play during their Max-fit classes... It's actually not stimulating the right Chakras for optimal performance, unless you're on ecstasy and vodka in the nightclub, not at the gym... They play it so freakin' loud it can drown out my isolation headphones...
Image_thumb
81 Posts
Jul 10, 2013 1:25am
via iOS
Improper lifting!!! Ok meat head you think your curling 90 pounds but your going to throw your back out swinging that dumbbell all over the place. People singing out loud to there head phones. People in under armour that need to loose at least 20 pounds before they can really fit in there clothing properly. People swimming in my lane..  Get out of my way!!!
10 Jul
Corey, you've got a bit of a list going on there! Are you sure you didn't start up this forum discussion? Lol
10 Jul
Haha ya.. I have a few things that annoy me... Specially when I was over seas in the army.. I had to be the gym nazi making sure people put weights away.. Re fill the fridge with water and clean up there filth of the benches.. Common sense stuff yet people made it seem like rocket science.
Image_thumb
81 Posts
Jul 10, 2013 1:26am
via iOS
Also why I love the summer working out outside is so much better! Getting away from everyone and getting some at the same time!
10 Jul
Getting some??! What ya getting?
10 Jul
Getting sun* lol
10 Jul
lmao. ;)
Image_thumb
196 Posts
Apr 8, 2015 12:32am
via Android

I have been building my gym at home, piece by piece, when I need something I buy it, it's nice because then I can roll out of bed, stretch and workout in my underwear lol! No pet peeves :-)

08 Apr
And no waiting for machines or weights! Very nice Clint!
08 Apr
It is kinda nice :-) and having the hot tub to myself is sooooo perfect lol

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51