Crossfit!!!

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 6:40pm
via iOS
Any other fellow crossfitters here? There's got to be! Whats's your favorite WOD? Let's talk all things crossfit. :)
09 Jul
What is crossfit exactly?
Image_thumb
85 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 8:23pm
via Android

Right here!! I love it :-)  I'm on my third month Now! I love most wod.

Icon_missing_thumb
11 Posts
Jul 9, 2013 8:36pm
via iOS
I did it for conditioning & I can't say it improved me much although I did enjoy the training
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jul 10, 2013 12:23am
via Android

I really like the crossfit idea and there are some amazing athletes in the top of the sport. But i am not so much of a fan of the crossfit culture and often time the according attitude.

When i see a clip of a pro teaching kipping pull ups to a group of noobs who dont even know the technique for a normal pull up. I am really in shock. Or noobs who are working out in a crossfit gym for 3 months and alrdy start working with rings. Trying to dipp in them and end up almost destroying some shoulders, that pisses me off.

But then i see those great athletes with control over their movement and lots of power and i think yeah thats pretty cool.

And how the hell come those woman dont mind doing olympic lifts and working with them barbells when you start to call it crossfit instead of working out?!

10 Jul
Yeah I agree. There is a fine line between really working through the movements and having proper technique versus going though the motions in an attempt to be like those hardcore pro crossfitters. It's such a great sport though when learned properly.
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 10, 2013 12:46pm
via Android

I started crossfit six months ago and I agree... a good technique is very important. Having a Pilates background, I had no idea about deadlifts, push press or cleans in order to avoid any injuries I practice new movements before the WOD (adding gradually weight). The challenging WODs make me feel stronger and more confident in myself. P.S. - Has anyone tried the Paleo Diet?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51