No more crunching

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
35 Posts
Jul 11, 2013 7:33pm
via Android

Hey FAM! So I've working out and training others going in 2 yrs and realize a lot crunch type work out make my back ache. So I suggest keep away from them and they don't give you abs. Just a tip. :)

11 Jul
True!!(:
12 Jul
Really? Crunches??? So then what do you do? Tuck, tilt and tighten?
12 Jul
Crunches build muscles. Eating clean,cardio &all body exercises plus your high metabolism(due to frequentl small meals and workouts) u will get abs. Instead of crunches do push ups,spider mans,low &high planks..list goes on these are examples
12 Jul
Ive had 3 natural births(u know what that does to a mothers belly). Believe me these work..:) ENJOY getting fit &maintaining a healthy lifestyle(:
12 Jul
Good stuff Shanna. I won't get to extensive here, but my core work outs are monster so crunches won't help me...Lol...Nice tips for Darelle and to add to that. Crunches do build muscle for those who need to build their hip flexors and extensors. Most of us don't so the muscle shortens tucking our low back muscles in (forcing them forward). This is where the pain initiates. High Intense Interval Training works on burning fat which will in return burn the layer of over you abdominals showing the six pack. Add that to your work outs too and you should...
Icon_missing_thumb
30 Posts
Jul 12, 2013 10:15pm
I am curious about your ab workouts,Ken..what are they?(:
13 Jul
Well I have a few. I use the an wheel from the standing position and kneeling. I do toe to bars followed by windshield wipers and L holding, all in pull up position. Then I do toe touches, jackknifes and butt lifts with intermittent holds. I also love planking on the bosu ball and medicine ball. Really tough kills the core ;). Then i use the cables to get my obliques and russian twist with a 45 lb to finish em off. These are just a few that I like to do and no back pain. I was hoping not...
13 Jul
Mine are similar..i love the different moves instead of the basics(crunches,sit ups). Keep it up!!:)
13 Jul
Lol I would love to have you as a gym buddy especially on core days when I do my cleans, deadlifts and rows. You would probably even like my compound work out days too. The compound workouts really gave me tone and definition. I bet you'd love it. ^_^
13 Jul
Prettt sure i would too!! I LOVE challeneges-u get out what u put in. Where do u live?im from Rome Ga
13 Jul
Baltimore, MD...Man GA is a hike from here. Sounds like a challenge that I def don't have to time to accept now. Biking from here to there would tear me a new one lol.
Icon_missing_thumb
30 Posts
Jul 13, 2013 1:17pm
via Android

Challenges * pretty* u know what i meant lol sry

Image_thumb
85 Posts
Jul 14, 2013 3:59pm
via iOS
this is true. I've read an article about people wanting a 6 packs abs and I've read that ab workouts are not good for your back because it makes an uneven tightness on your torso. I still do crunches but I make sure to get in plenty or more back workouts in. doing a lot of ab workouts and especially crunches also gives you bad posture.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51