Insecure...?

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 30, 2013 2:13am
via iOS
I'm not looking for attention I promise. It's just every time I see a girl at school or anywhere really, I find myself comparing me to her. I've tried the whole 'find the parts of you that you like' thing. I used to be bulimic so its hard to talk to people around me about my insecurities because they immediately think I'm going into relapse(and I promise you IM NOT) I'm just really really insecure and I was wondering how some of y'all deal with it.
30 Jul
I think everyone does that a little. I deal with it by realizing I am who I am. The world would be strange if we all had the same body type.
30 Jul
Thanks for the advice :)
Image_thumb
566 Posts
Jul 30, 2013 3:42am
via iOS
I think as women we tend to be each other worst enemies sometimes. I don't know why we tend to do that.
30 Jul
Yeah. I think that all the time. I don't even think we mean to be. we just are.
30 Jul
I guess deep down we all want to feel appreciated. We want to feel validated for who we are..that we are enough.
30 Jul
Exactly! It's like "Maybe if I had better *insert here* I'd have more friends or guys would like me." Or even with yourself not society like "Maybe if I had better *insert here* I'd be pretty or skinny." We all want to tweak ourself to perfection so we can feel good about ourselves and feel like others like us.
30 Jul
It's odd.. right? That women strive for perfection only to look like another? It's taken me a while to accept what I look like. I mean on one hand, I didn't want to be like other girls but I wanted to look like them ... I wanted to have perfect skin or be taller? Then I thought to myself, do I want friends or people with no depth?
30 Jul
Exactly! I've never wanted to be the other girls, but to just look like them. And I've realized that no matter what you look like, you're still gonna want to look like someone else. I want to be tall, but there's a girl out there who would gladly trade her tallness for my shortness. And I've always wanted curly hair, but there's some girl out there who would rather have straight hair. I would rather have no freckles, but there's someone who wants as many freckles as me. So no matter what I look like, I'm always gonna want something...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51