Getting up in the morning

12 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
158 Posts
Nov 14, 2012 2:55pm
via iOS
Hey, I need some help. I can't seem to get up in the morning. I have my alarm set for six, and I am trying to be all ready for the day by seven, so I can work on school at eight. (i am home schooled) I just seem to fall asleep, even if I get my computer out and do exercises! (not on the computer , of course.)

Can anybody help me?
14 Nov
Hey Bonnie, what's your night time routine? You may need to move bed time back half an hour or try some yoga to relax before bedtime. Not the strenuous poses but relaxing poses and some deep breathing/meditation to see if your sleep improves.
14 Nov
My night routine is this: 7:00 eat supper 9:00 get ready for bed brush teeth, change 9:30 get in bed and start work on computer. I think I will start doing yoga, thanks for the suggestion!
14 Nov
One thing I would suggest is use the bed for sleep only. If you've got computer work to do I'd suggest doing that away from the bed. The bed is our way of signaling our brain that its time to shut down and rest but activities stimulate our brain and even after our activities are over the brain needs time to wind down which cuts into our sleep time. Seems weird but does make a difference to how well we sleep at night. Good luck! :)
14 Nov
Thanks, Anthony. I had not thought of that before! I will try all of your suggestions tonight and tomorrow!
15 Nov
Let me know how it goes. You may need to try it for several days before seeing any real change, good luck and hang in there! :)
370564_100001251587788_1018929654_n_thumb
12 Posts
Nov 14, 2012 3:54pm
via iOS
I would like to know too! I'm homeschooled too and I can't seem to get out of my bed!!!
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Nov 14, 2012 5:37pm
via Android

I get up at six aswell everyday for school, sometimes I find it hard but Turing the lights on or putting loud music on helps me get up.. I will also make a hot drink and walk around to wake me up aswell!

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Nov 14, 2012 7:01pm
via iOS
I sometimes have the same problem being homeschooled what I normally do is turn the lights on and also have my alarm across the room so no matter what I'll have to get up at least to turn it off, and sometimes I wake up a little earlier so I can wake myself up before working out
Image_thumb
158 Posts
Nov 14, 2012 7:39pm
via iOS
Thanks guys. 
The ideas are really helpful, I will try them in the morning! Thanks again! 
Image_thumb
194 Posts
Nov 14, 2012 11:19pm
via iOS
Getting in the shower in the morning always helps me wake up!
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Nov 14, 2012 11:22pm
via iOS
Shower after waking up surely helps a lot!
Image_thumb
124 Posts
Nov 14, 2012 11:48pm
via Android

I just get up and get to moving, hard to sleep when your moving. If your sitting and you feel yourself getting tired just stand up it works lol and drink water

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 15, 2012 2:18am
via iOS
If you wash your face it helps you wake up in the morning, and helps you feel refreshed for the day! Also, I heard that instead of drinking coffee in the morning to wake you up, to eat apples because they wake you up better than caffeine!
Image_thumb
158 Posts
Nov 15, 2012 2:44am
via iOS
Good idea, though I don't drink coffee! :)
Image_thumb
158 Posts
Nov 16, 2012 6:49pm
via iOS
Thanks every body, the ideas worked great. I get up the past two mornings feeling great! You guys rock!
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Nov 17, 2012 4:38am
via Android

Put your alarm clock somewhere across the room or even better hide it.  So that you have to get out of bed to turn it off.

It works .. Just look at the stupid time i am writing this . . 4.35am lol

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51