Need help for running

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
170 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 4:47pm
via Android

I have been on this app for months now and I have seen great people and I know u guys give grwat advices so I need an advice about running, the thing is my mom is not allowing me to go out even for a run because of the political things that are happening in my country so what shall I do I have a treadmill but my training need a speed grwater than my treadmill's speed what shall I do plz help asap

23 Aug
You mean running for a long time ?!
Image_thumb
168 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 4:53pm
via iOS
Why you need greater speed? 
Go slow and longer, helps you with your endurance :) i run with my two years old daughter twice a week, you can imagine how slow that is! But it is rough to keep running 1h-1h30min. Just do what you can, i bet it's enough and things will always change again, so hopely in no time you can run out again :) 
Image_thumb
114 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 5:25pm
via iOS
Ali,
Mari is right. You could work on endurance.  Another avenue is to do other types of cardio training that can improve running, but you can do indoors.  For example: Tabata, circuit HIIT training, "Insanity" type workouts.  Also, plyometric workouts are great for improving speed & endurance!  There are many of these types of workouts on this app. If I were you, I would try to mix distance on the treadmill with the other cardio routines until you can get out there.
Image_thumb
347 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 5:31pm
via iOS
Make use of ur treadmill first,go slow do ur usual jog..then step out and do some heisman at high speeds..or you can run as fast as you can on the spot..with intervals..u make think its simple,but im doing insanity n these simple exercises can raise ur cardio at a higher level,believe me
Image_thumb
170 Posts
Aug 23, 2013 7:33pm
via Android

Thanks for the tips guys I apreciate it and ur right I will definetly gonna do long runs

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51