Worse foods to eat?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 5:49am
via Android

What is worse in your guys opinion, fats or carbohydrates?

27 Aug
Pop.red meat. And cow milk.
Image_thumb
954 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 5:58am
via Android

You need them both to live, so both are good. Plus it depends where you're getting them.  I am more cautious about carbs simply because in a modern diet they are often processed and attached to bad sugar s and bad fats. some brown rice is simple and healthy but a piece of bread is really iffy.

You gotta do some more reading on the topic of nutrition cuz it's not that simple. Both carbs and fats are dangerously misunderstood by people who are trying to be healthy.

Simple rule of thumb: if it's coming from real, non-processed foods, like fats from meat, or carbs from whole grains, it's way better than any processed food.

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 12:34pm
via Android

Trans fats and loads of sugar

30 Aug
Yeah some transfats are hidden in food. I think its partially hydrogenated ingredients
Image_thumb
226 Posts
Aug 27, 2013 12:40pm
via iOS
It depends on what fats and what carbohydrates. Fats can be hydrogenated soybean oil, which is very bad, or nuts, which are very good. Carbs can be instant oatmeal, which is bad, or steel cut oatmeal, which is good.
30 Aug
Oh thanks there! I was eating the packaged oatmeal, two of them a day haha
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 4:59am
via Android

Alright thanks! i have learned more about nutrition but still need to understand my body more. By the way what do you think of protein bars and fiber bars?

30 Aug
I like bars, but watch the sugar. There is usually too much sugar in them for your good. Having only half the bar and trying to get the other half of the nutrients through other foods can help cut down on the sugar. Always try to get your nutrients through natural food. Keep the bars for when life is tough and where bars would be better than nothing.
30 Aug
Way too expensive imo
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 5:16am
via iOS
More than half your calories should come from carbs, so there is no way you can say carbs are bad. Carbs aren't the problem - processed foods are the problem.

By the way, the same applies to fat. We probably agree that the fat in gravy cannot be compared to the fat in avocado.

It is much too simplistic to label nutrients as being good or bad. It depends where those nutrients come from, whether they are natural or processed, what other nutrients you accompany them by, what your particular body and condition require, and what your fitness goals are.

Nutrition is much more complicated than that. You sound just ripe for reading a book about nutrition, just one. Once you know and understand how your body works, what your body needs to function properly and how you metabolize nutrients, you will know what role carbs and fat should play in your diet.
02 Sep
Thanks! But i meant more along the lines of which is worse to have a lot of? To much fat or carbs?
Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Aug 30, 2013 5:22am
via Android

Most of those bars have to much added sugar u have to check the ingredients on back best to snack on fresh fruits nuts beef jerky if low salt natural peanut butter is great

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 2, 2013 8:30pm
via iOS
Anything with sugar and processed foods with preservatives. Go Clean

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51