Abs

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
91 Posts
Sep 1, 2013 4:07pm
via Android

So I want to lose belly fat.And yeah,I know spot reduction doesnt work and all that
My question is-should I be doing ab workouts at all?Ive heard mixed opinions about it.Some people say they push your tummy forward and widen your waist-and I DEF dont want that to happen

01 Sep
Cardio to lose the unwanted belly fat, then core training. Otherwise, you're right, it may feel like you're bulking up.
Image_thumb
160 Posts
Sep 1, 2013 5:47pm
via iOS
It is hard to tell in what shape your abs are at the moment, you would need to shed some fat before you can see them. But you can try and figure out what shape they are in.

Do your abs do for you what they are supposed to? I don't mean working out here, just regular day-to-day moves. If not, you might need to work them out.

You might want to check how many sit-ups you can do. If you can do more than ten at once, you might want to focus on weight loss and leave your abs alone besides regular cardio. You still have to use your abs regularly for them to stay in the shape they are.

Once you have visibly lost some fat, it will be easier to evaluate the state of your abs. But any casual workout for abs, if done right, will be good for your body without being dangerous for your health. Accidents usually only happen to people who overdo it.

That look you are afraid of is the result of people lurving workouts and being very proud of their abs. If that is not you, chances are slim it will ever happen to you.
02 Sep
But I DONT want abs that can be seen I want a flattish tummy

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51