Beginning my weight loss journey. new here. any help/advice/support?

6 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Sep 5, 2013 4:22pm
OK so here's a tough one to admit... after having 3 children in less than 4 years and already having a stocky build, I have found myself at just over 5' and a whopping 245lbs. Morbidly obese and feeling like jabba the hut, on a good day. For my sanity and for my children I need to change. Its been 6 weeks since my c section and I'm ready to slim down for life. Fewer calories, lots of walking and gym time, waterwaterwater, and a little help with Phentermine...I hope to be down to 180 by next summer. Needing lots of encouragement!
05 Sep
You're at the right place here. You're not the only one who's experiencing this problem. Browse around the exercises and the forum and you'll find the right set of exercises and the right people that will motivate you and guide you through your transofrmation. Now stop wasting time and get at it! Oh, and good luck!
05 Sep
Idk know you but just wanted to say you can do it. Nothing is impossible. Just make sure you keep yourself motivated and keep doing those exercises!!! Goodluck!
05 Sep
Good luck but it sounds like you already know what you have to do :) a big tip for you is to download a calorie counter app so it will be easier for you to stay on top of how many calories you have consumed. But be honest with it! Another thing you might want to consider is to start a walking group with other mothers in your area. You can meet a few times a week and encourage eachother throughout your weight loss journeys. The added benefit is that its an excuse for you to get out of the...
160 Posts
Sep 5, 2013 4:40pm
via iOS
That's 65 pounds in a year, or a quarter of your total weight. You are looking at a major change. This will be demanding, but lots of people have done it, and if they can, so can you.

My problem is very different from yours, so I can't advise you on how to lose the weight. All I know is that cardio is a good start.

However, I just want to mention that you might want to break your overall goal down into milestones. It will be easier to manage the weight loss and fitness plan, thus, it will be easier to stick to your goal. For example, you might want to start by losing fifteen pounds for Christmas.

Also, start out a bit slower than your overall speed for losing the weight. Dieting and working out combined together is a big change for your body, and you need to let it get used to it before reaching full speed. I think you would need to switch to full gear sometime at the end of winter.

Your diet and workout routine will change several times before you reach your overall weight loss deadline, so in looking for ways to lose weight, concentrate on the coming few months only. You will adjust when you are a bit lighter.

Good luck!
25 Posts
Sep 5, 2013 4:42pm
via iOS
Hey!! Good luck :)) you can do this. I didn't have as much weight to lose to start with but I have now lost 22 lbs, and now that I've been in the routine of exercise and eating right it's not even a struggle anymore. I actually enjoy doing it all. The forums here are awesome everyone's pretty supportive
144 Posts
Sep 5, 2013 4:45pm
via Android

You can do it! The hardest part is getting started and it looks like you're getting through that already! Whenever you feel discouraged, just remember what your goal is. What you're doing this for. Who. And you'll be there in no time. I used to eat unhealthy all the time and after changing my eating habits, I feel great! Exercising has also changed my life. I never want to go back to that place. You can do this! I know you can! Don't settle for anything less than you're worth because you're better than that! Congratulations for making a change :)

4 Posts
Sep 5, 2013 4:46pm
via Android

Well there are a lot of good workouts that you can try on here. You can go on my profile and see the workouts that I have done. Wish you the best of luck.

1 Post
Sep 5, 2013 5:02pm
via Android

Good luck, the first step is to get yourself on something and you have now the hardest part is staying on track. Trust me you will need a strong support team to keep you going. I went through that myself and if you don't set up smart attainable reasonable mileatones you may lose your focus and drive. Wish you all the best!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51