Image_thumb
36 Posts
Sep 5, 2013 8:04pm
via Android

Why am i not able to do push up no matter how i try

05 Sep
Tried with bent knees?
08 Sep
Hey girl i know push ups r tough.my upperbody is developed ok.and when i try 2 do pushups they are still tough 4 me. So i really hate them very much couse there tough.but the results and efforts r worth the pain.u can start baby steps until uget the form.we all start baby steps so dont be imberessed.what counts its that your trying.so keep it up girl
23 Sep
Push ups are not my thing but when I was younger I could do them with one hand behind my back but I jus stuck to sit ups cardio and lifting weights
Image_thumb
566 Posts
Sep 5, 2013 8:34pm
via iOS
I'm not good at push ups either. Building upper body strength is tough.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 5, 2013 8:40pm
via Android

Start with lifting weights. It might help.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 5, 2013 8:40pm
via Android

You can do modified push ups by keeping your knees on the ground while in push up form. You work the same upper body muscles but it takes a lot of the pressure off.

Image_thumb
160 Posts
Sep 5, 2013 9:32pm
via iOS
I have been thinking that when I get comfortable with 30-second planks, I will be ready for push-ups. Basically, that I will incorporate push-ups into my routine when I start doing one minute planks. I mean, the way I see it, if I feel it is still an effort to hold a 30-second plank, why would I have an easier time with push-ups?

I, too, think that weights might be the answer. My arms are long, lean and not developed. I have been doing the planks, the wall sits, the animals (scorpions, sphinxes, dogs), all kinds of abdominals, but my arms are just not strong enough, while my core totally is.
05 Sep
I can, however, do ten push-ups if I really work hard - although I don't think my hiatus hernia likes it...
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Sep 6, 2013 1:20am
via iOS
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Sep 6, 2013 1:28am
via iOS
me too... i can do it with my knee down.. but I can only manage 1-2 with straight legs.. I can do the plank though...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51