I'm wondering....

4 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
Sep 6, 2013 2:22am
via Android

So I didn't sweat but I felt the pain, does that still work?

06 Sep
yes it does
06 Sep
Yeah ofcourse
3 Posts
Sep 6, 2013 2:45am
via Android

I guess so i just worked out for 45 min and i didnt sweat but i weigh 3 pounds less than i did befor i started so.....

160 Posts
Sep 6, 2013 3:57am
via iOS
Sweating isn't an indication of weight loss. It is just an indication of how well hydrated you are, how much toxins your body contains and how hot it is where you are. Some people sweat even with little effort, and people like me who have trouble staying hydrated seldom sweat even when they are burning a lot of calories.

The pain during the workout is an indication of how far you are pushing your muscles. That still isn't a measure of weight loss but rather of muscle toning.

I think the physiological sign of weight loss as you are working out is when it is taking you a lot of effort to finish an exercise. If you feel your upper body getting heavier and heavier to lift as you do those crunches, or if you have a hard time getting back up from a lunge, chances are you are losing weight. But only if you are not going to eat a big meal of carbs and fat later!

If you find that a workout is a piece of cake, then it might not be efficient enough for you. If on the other hand you feel that a workout is really tough, it might be ill adapted to your current shape and you might be better off choosing a somewhat easier workout for now if you want to avoid injury.

If you feel some minor pain the morning after but not to the point where it makes you skip your next workout or keeps you from going about your usual activities, your workout is probably just right for your physical condition. The morning pain usually subsides within an hour or two.
06 Sep
I drink a lot of water. Enough for my body acording to my weight and height. And i still barley sweat doing an insanity workout. Is that normal?
151 Posts
Sep 6, 2013 10:57am
via iOS
As long as you worked out

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51