Recommendations

10 posts | Original | Recent

212021_609042725_1635624_n_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 10, 2013 12:01pm
via iOS
What free workouts would you recommend to start with for someone severely obese, like over 400 pounds?
16 Oct
Hi Rebekah. I lost 120 lbs. You need to start with something easy, so you won't get discouraged. One of my first exercises here was called ,get of the couch blast off..I think :) I'll follow you, and if I see something for you, ill let you know. Good luck! Btw, great that you are here on skimble, it will help you reach your goal :)
Image_thumb
102 Posts
Oct 10, 2013 12:17pm
via Android

Start with some of the casual workouts...go as long as you can minute-wise. Pilates, core exercises, and some cardio. Walking is great... Pay close attention to your eating.

Image_thumb
81 Posts
Oct 10, 2013 12:27pm
via Android

M totally agree wid Cocos start wid casual exercises nd cardio... left all junk foods try n imbibe proteins in ur diet nd remember dun tk high proteins in dinner.....

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Oct 10, 2013 2:34pm
via Android

Also, if your looking for some good online information and encouragement go to muscleandstrength.comThere are some great motivational stories of all kinds of people and how they achieved successGood luck!

Image_thumb
81 Posts
Oct 10, 2013 2:51pm
via Android

I highly recommend to start by walking three miles a day. Don't worry about pace. Just get the distance in. Also, keep track of sugar intake as well as sodium. Forget what people say about calories. That's a joke. As long as you stay within your recommended sugar intake, you'll lose up to eleven pounds a month in no time. I also highly recommend myfitnesspal and runtastic to help you along this journey and as a supplement to this app. Don't sit for more than 75% of your day. Always stand up and move around. Drink lots of water and you'll do great. If you ever need support, this forum is filled with great people on the same journey. Welcome to Skimble! :-)

Image_thumb
226 Posts
Oct 10, 2013 2:55pm
via iOS
I would start by changing my food habits. Count your calories and start eating right; I recommend getting a calorie counter. Drink lots of water. Once you have lost a substantial amount of weight, start walking for half an hour a day. You should lose weight rapidly. Once you hit a plateau after starting to walk, incorperate slow jogging if you can. Do not overwhelm yourself; take it slow and build up.
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Oct 10, 2013 3:13pm
via Android

The start is always about the food intake. I would really read yourself into this. Since this wil for a great part decide if your exersises will results in any effect.

And for exercise its best to start with stuff thats light on the joints. So cycling would be a start or walking. Dont bother doing core exersises like planks or sit ups.

371196_1007351967_1801942798_n_thumb
1 Post
Oct 15, 2013 4:48pm
via iOS
How's your progress?
212021_609042725_1635624_n_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 16, 2013 3:55pm

Thanks for the encouragement.  I've got a couple of recommendations to begin with.  Between that and support of others, hopefully I can get motivated.

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Oct 16, 2013 8:19pm
via Android

Motivation was the hardest thing for me then when I started pursuing my career and realized I cant do it with the lack of shape im in it kicked me into gear. Find out why you want to do this and then remember it. I tell myself each day as im thinking im too sore for a workout "you want this job right? Then workout."

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51