Need friends for motivation and help :)

28 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 2:48am
via Android

Im new to this and need friends! I tried a gym but couldnt afford it and didnt know what i was doing. Being a full time college student and working 30 hours a week makes it easy to gain weight and hard to find time! Pleaseee help and chat with me :)

Image_thumb
175 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 2:51am
via Android

Hi Alicia tons of great people here to help you out.  Welcome to the skimble!

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 2:52am
via Android

Thanks I hope to make friends and find support

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 2:57am
via Android

Thanks Anthony :) anyone have advice on how to eat healthier on a very low income? When i'm low on money its hard to resist cheap burgers!

Image_thumb
112 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 4:27am
via iOS
Welcome. Eating healthy on a budget isn't impossible. If your area has a farmers market or similar, purchase fruits and veggies from those shops. They usually have better prices. Plan your meals thus reducing the chances of purchasing too much then possibly losing it due to waste. Places like this also tend to have fresh meat markets too so you can purchase things in single servings too.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Dec 2, 2012 4:34am
via Android

Welcome to skimble! ... hope you like it(:

Fotoğraf_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 7:26am
via Android

Subway is healthier than a burger.. Try salads without the fatty dressing

Image_thumb
25 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 1:41pm
via Android

Hey, wellcome and good luck.

Image_thumb
323 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 4:10pm
via Android

Welcome to the skimble family. I'll help in any way i can

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 5:26pm
via Android

Wow thanks everyone. I ironically work at subway ahah so i get sick of it fast. But does anyone know how to plan meals for a week and do meal prep?

07 Dec
Hi there. You are speaking my language! I cut up lots of vegetable like yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, cucumber, broccoli, sugar snap peas and keep them in a Tupperware container. Then I wash and chop lettuce and spinach and store in three or four containers. I then make enough quinoa for 3-4 days. Quinoa is an excellent healthy complex carb and it tastes yum! I roast two chicken breasts and or salmon in the oven and voila! I have all the parts through the week to make yummy salads. (Don't forget to sprinkle your salads with pepitas, pecans...
Image_thumb
1 Post
Dec 2, 2012 5:50pm
via iOS
Hey Alicia, welcome, I recently just joined myself. :) Good Luck to you.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Dec 2, 2012 5:55pm
via Android

Hey!(: Im 13 years young and I promise that if you help motivate me I'll help motivate you! And we can be uh workout buddies?(: Ha

Image_thumb
15 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 3:03pm
via iOS
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 5:22pm
via Android
Welcome Alicia, good luck!
Image_thumb
81 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 9:19pm
via Android

Welcome welcome! Good luck achieving your goals not just here but in life! Be motivated

Image_thumb
32 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 10:58pm
via iOS
I'd be more than happy to help motivate I and u can do the same for me!! I really need some motivation atm!! :)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Dec 3, 2012 11:02pm
via Android

did u tried herbalife products easy to use they give the result u want and all natural ....if y didnt try it call 96170208680

Dec 4, 2012 3:22am
via iOS
Focus...... Focus...... Focus....... On what u want to look like......... On what u should do to look good....... On what u should eat rather than focusing on how to avoid junk food Focus on what u shud do rather that what u shud not do......... Think about it with an open mind........
173653_100001601468965_180985552_n_thumb
1 Post
Dec 4, 2012 4:59am
via Android

Try not to go out too much! When you go out you get tempted to eat more out! during college, I use to cook on weekends for the whole week! Beans, rice, chicken, fish are not too expensive and have mostly what you need to survive! Try snacking, it will increase metabolism but eat healthy snacks such as granola bars, cereal, fruits, salad, etc. I can help just like others just say it and we will help! I was a wellness student so I have a lot to tell you if you have time and desire!

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Dec 4, 2012 5:04am
via Android

Hey if you have any questions im ill be available..i know its hard but the main thing to do when your a busy college student is watch your diet.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 4, 2012 6:39am
via iOS
Be comfortable and focus to attain your goals
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 6, 2012 6:47am
via Android

Set attainable goals for yourself and don't give up

06 Dec
Don't worry. We are a helpful lot. Welcome to the community and good luck in achieving your goals.
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Dec 6, 2012 7:36pm
via iOS
Never give up. It's the easy way out but it's counterproductive. If you want results you've gotta work for them. Waistlines don't melt away overnight
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Dec 6, 2012 7:41pm
via Android

Wow thanks everyone its daily motivation i get from you guys and it makes me want to eat better and do more workouts!

Image_thumb
22 Posts
Dec 6, 2012 7:53pm
via iOS
I do too :( I've only ever stuck to a healthier lifestyle for 3months tops. I just need someone to talk to about it with

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51