I CAN'T STAND....

22 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 3:29am
via iOS
Okay guys I hhhaaattteeee stretching especially b4 and after a workout...if I try to b4 it kinda gets me outta the mood...I get myself pretty amped when I'm about to work out and don't want to kill the mood lol and after shoot when I'm done I'm DONE lol... But I know it's important but say I did stretching thru out the day between workouts will that still help prevent Injuries???
Image_thumb
174 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 4:10am
via iOS
Stretching is a complicated subject. I have heard all the negatives, positives and everything in between. So I say do what's natural. We naturally stretch when we wake up,and occasionally throughout the day.
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 5:34am
via iOS
As for stch'n... It's best when the muscles are warmed up, but hey, I'm just an old redneck...
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 6:15am
via Android

I have read bad things about stretching too. The article instead suggested doing some hops to loosen up your body before a workout. I dont stretch much too.

Image_thumb
84 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 6:36am
via Android

I have read that stretching can be counterproductive to your routine but personally I stopped getting a lot of nagging pains from my routine after I included stretching before hand

Hdhdnpicsart_1381072358150_thumb
126 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 7:00am
via Android

Jus stretch in d morning fr 5 minz...wen u get up...it helps...it conditions ur body..or els ur body may get too stiff...

Image_thumb
347 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 7:08am
via iOS
You many possibilities tammy,but what i would recommend you is as soon as wake up do your stretching in your bed..arms,whole body then you wake up..or else make a up of 1-2min pause between your workouts n stretch
Fotoğraf_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 7:24am
via Android

Warm up exercises over stretchibg anyday

Image_thumb
30 Posts
Dec 2, 2012 3:58pm
via Android

I don't usually stretch before a workout, but for my warm up I incorporate moves that involve a slight stretch anyway. As other people have said, there is some controversy aorund stretching, especially before a workout. If your muscles are feeling a little tight, or like they need a stretch, you could do some lunges (not going too deep, front/back/side), cross body kicks...etc. You'll still be warmed up using those moves and they'll give you a bit of a stretch.

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 12:50am
via iOS
I agree with joe..a little cardio goes a long way as a warmup. I didn't stretch b4 lifting about 4 years ago and tore my left pec. not off the bone but strait down the middle, like an incision by a surgeon, it was painful too, I didn't lift or workout at all for 14 months afterwards and I got heavy and fat. Been losing that weight ever since.lol I still don't stretch b4 a workout unless I kno I'm going to lift heavier than my usual..
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 2:20pm
via iOS
Thanks everyone for the input.. Really appreciate it!!! Lately when I feel stiff I just been stretching while watching tv or like stated when I first wake up... It's just crazy all my workout DVDs say stretching is the most important part of a wrkout even tho I feel no benefit really...but I just got Jillian's yoga meltdown so I can stretch and tone at the same time!!! Thanks again everyone!!
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 2:35pm
via Android

I do mainly stretching and yoga while my shoulder is healing. I have toned up and gained flexibility without any heavy work. Stretching is a big plus in my book

Image_thumb
25 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 7:43pm
via Android

I suffer from a bad back so have started the 9min morning stretch and have had no twinges for last 2 weeks..working for me.....gets me going in the morning and sets me up for the day. I just don't over stretch to avoid injury.

Image_thumb
139 Posts
Dec 20, 2012 9:42pm
via Android

I have heard that you should not stretch after every work out, because the body need that tenzion you are building up, so you can do next work out even better whit all the tenzion you need. In many cases stretching is only for healing overloaded muscels and to recover from a damage due to overloading. I allso think that overloading is coming from that work outs have been done wrong. And with that i ment to say : You are doing great, girl. How olfd are you?

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 20, 2012 10:30pm
via iOS
Yea I hear you I stretch when my body needs it usually on day 7 after wrkin out 6...but thanks...and I'm 25!! U??
23 Dec
I am 44. My athletic coach say we need tenzion in body, or we just fall down :-)
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 22, 2012 5:39am
via iOS
In my humble opinion (noting that I'm an old goat who's been at this since the Stone Age) is that stretching is actually trenendously important. You should try to stretch in the morning and after work outs, flexibility is very important and necessary. In 5-10 years you will thank me, as you age it becomes harder and harder to maintain flexibility but if you have a good base - just like keeping fit - it is extremely beneficial. Imagine big being able to simply bend over to pick up something you just dropped, it's a serious possibility if you don't stay fit AND flexible!
22 Dec
Sorry, that should read 'being unable to bend ...'!!!
276004_1435222659_622574601_n_thumb
2 Posts
Dec 22, 2012 6:04am
via Android

Make stretching a part of your day not work outStretch in the morning when you wake up for fifteen minutes and you'll be limber all dayThat way it won't get in the way of your workout.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 23, 2012 12:13pm
via Android

Tammy H. Here's the deal, stretching is nothing more than addressing your flexibility. Limited flexibility can increase your chances of injury. When you are trying to be healthy & fit we all have to do things we don't like but it comes with the territory. So you can look at it as apart of what you do & taking care of your body so it takes care of you or end up being injured then you won't be able to workout at all. If we always did things that felt good then we wouldn't make great gains in our goals. Life wasn't meant to be sweet all the time. Do like I do, suck it up & keep it pushin pimpin. Go hard or go home. Make it happen Tammy, no excuses!

A.T.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 23, 2012 12:15pm
via Android

Absolutely! My point exactly.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 23, 2012 12:22pm
via Android

Whoever told you this information gave you misinformation. I'm a personal trainer, former collegiate athlete, & prior military. Trust me people making nonsense of stretching is ridiculous. Understanding that our muscle is made up of fibrous tissue & other materials that are impacted by stretching why would you listen to someone negate stretching? You should warm up a little before doing it (walking or some exercise) to get the blood flowing. But never eliminate stretching after workout. Before not so much. Take one of your workout days & do yoga. It works. 

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 23, 2012 12:24pm
via Android

Exactly my point!

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 23, 2012 2:39pm
via iOS
I have put yoga into my routine two days a week...regardless if ppl think its good or bad I have been stressed and use it to calm down and clear my mind...and I never make excuses or half ass any workout I always go hard so that's not what I had the problem with...but their are just so many contradictions on what's good what's bad do this do that...but I'm a do me!!! Exercise and eat healthy..all that other nit picking details I don't have time for lol :-) but thanks everyone 4 ur input :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51