Girls some advice on girl things

25 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 2:01am
via Android

Girls .. Do you still workout during your period ? I get sore before and during my first day when I do excercise.

06 Dec
Yes I do workout on period days although it is a little tougher to get going. I take 3-4 ibuprofen and drink tons of water. Also taking a hot shower afterwards helps a ton with the cramps. Staying active is best idea when cramps are worst!!!
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Dec 3, 2012 2:28am
via iOS
Yes. Working out can actually relax your muscles and warm them to help with crams and the body aches; it will also help to de-bloat and give you more energy. I always make a point of working out during that time of month. If you still feel extra sore then take an advil and an soak in an Epsom salt bath
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 2:41am
via Android

I do workout! If I'm feeling extra crappy, I'll do something less intense. It does help to workout, though. It improves my overall mood, gets rid of any bloating/pain, and I just feel generally better. I usually stick to running, yoga, or pilates during that time of the month.

Image_thumb
112 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 4:23am
via iOS
Yes but I've noticed that running is much more cumbersome during that time. Body feels extremely heavy.
Image_thumb
118 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 4:51am
via iOS
I do but I have to do very light modified workouts. My period can get extremely heavy when I workout during my time of the month. It can also be prolonged. That on top of a medical condition that makes me faint. It is just no good for me. I'm an ibuprofen, iron supplement, heating pad & detox gal.
Image_thumb
118 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 4:56am
via iOS
I should add when I say prolonged periods I mean like 45days of bleeding & that has happened 3x when I was determined not to cut back workouts.
Image_thumb
49 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 6:50am
via Android

Woah. Never thought there are girls who really do workout during those days. You guys are really dedicated! I just get really tired and extremely lazy during those 3 to 5 days and that has already been proven ! Haha. And do you ever get easily annoyed when your period is coming ? You know, PMS? How do you girls deal with it ?

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 9:28am
via iOS
Yes I do.. All my ander and frustration goes Into my workout cuz I hate blowing up on ppl 
Image_thumb
86 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 2:03pm
via iOS
I do too!! If I'm feeling really crappy I start with walking and work my way up from there. Really helps with cramps! I always throw in yoga too as it helps with bloating, mood swings, back pain etc. I don't even need pain killers during my cycle anymore. Working out before and during completely squashes my cramps 
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 7:50pm
via Android

Famia, I've noticed that if I keep my diet in check during my period, my moodiness isn't nearly as bad. I used to just snap at the littlest things, but now with a good diet and exercise, my mood is generally better and I can deal with my crazy emotions better...haha. That's why I suggested yoga, as well. It gives you time to focus on the here and now, instead of stuff that has been bothering you. Meditation is very good for the mind and soul :). Also, if you want chocolate, eat it. Even if I continue eating healthy throughout my period, if I'm having cravings, I indulge and don't feel guilty about it. That makes me feel better too :)

Churchbunny_thumb
140 Posts
Dec 3, 2012 9:20pm
via Android

Ug. They say its good for you, but i hate it. Painful

Icon_missing_thumb
17 Posts
Dec 4, 2012 12:40am
via iOS
I need help with making a boy have a crush on mee!
04 Dec
Send me a pica ;)
Image_thumb
49 Posts
Dec 4, 2012 4:26am
via Android

Oh yes ! I do have back pain too! Even if its not my period my lower back aches like when I go on long walks like when I go to the mall. I think I have problem on my posture. I slouch though I try to keep my posture ..

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Dec 4, 2012 4:29am
via Android

Laura.. I think we're on the same page. I still eat my cravings off but I just limit it. I don't believe to cutting everything I used to eat .. A cheat day is good too ..

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Dec 4, 2012 4:31am
via Android

I've been doing jump rope for 3 days already .. I want to focus on cardio so that I could burn more calories ..

Fotoğraf_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 4, 2012 5:05am
Am i the only one whose period stops/slows down because of working out???? How can you work out during your period!
Image_thumb
191 Posts
Dec 4, 2012 9:10pm
via iOS
All I wanna do wen I'm on is sleep, sleep, sleep. Seriously I don't know how u all do it? Actually my monthlys is wat always broke my consistency with exercise so I really need some pointers too!
31 Dec
Me too!
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Dec 4, 2012 9:28pm
via Android

I still workout when on it...great for tension build up...just dont go hardout as usual...

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 5, 2012 11:24pm
via iOS
I know for me the very first day I am miserable mean and in pain...it's literally the worse...but the second day I push thru my workout and I'm right back on track my periods use to be 7 days but when I do intense cardio during they only last 3 so I push to workout so they don't drag for so long...but everyone's body is different...so listen to ur own body u knw what's best :-)
07 Dec
Is it healthy to push ur period to 3 days?
07 Dec
I asked my dr the same thing and the said as long as your cycles are still norm and your not having any other difficulties or problems then that's just how my body is responding it might not push everyone's that short!!
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Dec 6, 2012 1:22am
via Android

Definitely the best time to work out..i take 800 mgs of ibuprofen evry 4 to 8 hours..drink lots of water daily and when working out.. helps get rid of all bad toxins that are in my System...makes my period go by faster too lastin no more than 4 days...

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Dec 7, 2012 4:09am
via iOS
I'm active duty military, so we work out nearly every day. Regardless of the time of the month! Haha but it's better to work out during that time of the month because it lessens the cramps and helps with bloating. I usually get less energy, but push myself still. Then reward myself with chocolate.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Dec 7, 2012 4:32am
via Android

hiiii

2014-12-21_15
67 Posts
Dec 8, 2012 1:43am
via Android

I never did because my flow got heavier during my workouts.

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 8, 2012 12:17pm
via Android

I actually like working out while on my period. It helps with the fatigue, bloating, and nasuea big time...i do get sore i just cure that with a hot bath, and heating pads.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 28, 2013 6:47pm
via Android

Hey girls, can you please suggest some yoga poses / exercises that can be done during these days.. My yoga instructor once told me that one should really avoid abdominal exercises during this time.. Do you have any such dos and donts in mind?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51