New Girl

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 6, 2012 9:07am
via Android

Hey everyone im new to this, and working out . I mean i've done it before but need some serious motivation. I've had 3 kids a boy, and twin girls. The mommy weight is evident . Anyone have any good workout ideas, food tips, grocery list, and receipes, cause I can use all the help i can get! . Also what do you do for when the sweet tooth, and the snack fairy come around?. Thanks

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Dec 6, 2012 8:55pm
via Android

Hello and welcome... I'm a newbie also.. but I can share what I've been doing....
I had to cut back on the snacks (that was a must), but I do slip up and indulge sometimes(which is ok).. watch your "red meat" intake and eat lots if vegetables.. there are lots n lots of programs and workouts on here... Start beginner and feel your way through.. there's plenty of people to talk to, for motivation on here.. welcome

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 6, 2012 8:57pm
via Android

Thanks i will keep all that in mind.

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 6, 2012 11:40pm
via iOS
I hear u girl I have two little ones and I never even thought about weight till after I had kids and the changes ur body goes thru...I wld say start with a food journal write down EVERYTHING you eat... Ppl usually don't realize how many calories they eat till they see it!!! I love cereal but u knw when u pour it its usually fills the bowel... But in reality 3/4 is one serving which is about 120 cal w/o Skim milk...so once you do that you will see what you eat and where you can tweak stuff like turkey burger instead of ground meat...light wheat brd egg beaters etc... But the workouts here do wonders but you shld def look at what ur eating pay attention to the actual serving size... 

Sry so long hope it helped for a lil start!!!

211226_507776174_2267360_n_thumb
24 Posts
Dec 8, 2012 5:58am
via Android

Welcomeeeeeee

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Dec 8, 2012 7:35am
via iOS
Hi! Welcome! I just started too. No kids, but a lot of emotional and physical baggage I am working on getting off me. SparkPeople app/website is good for grocery lists. Lose it is a good app for calorie counting! Hope that helps. If you have a blender, make fruit n yogurt smoothies and ice pops for dessert. Low to fat-free yogurt plus plenty of your favorite fruits. Great snack and dessert. Honey is a good sweetener instead of reg sugar. Don't over do it. Plus the smoothies are filling. Hope this helps!!!

Juicing is awesome! Try eating as natural as possible. Stick to it and you will see results!
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 8, 2012 10:14am
via Android

No i apperciate that. I will definetely consider all of that. It really is what we eat

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 8, 2012 10:16am
via Android

It does, and thank you.

Image_thumb
112 Posts
Dec 8, 2012 1:02pm
via Android

Welcome, when the sweet urges come, I'll opt for some no sugar added yogurt. I try not to over indulge but I won't ignore it either. I've tried to ignore and are everything else

Image_thumb
191 Posts
Dec 9, 2012 9:41am
via iOS
Hey welcome, I'm a mum too and a lil thing that really helped me was to not pick of my daughters plate. You know as they grow u get used to sharing their food and finishing their plate. I learnt to just bin it and eat my own dinner and she eats hers. No picking!! Hope this helps. 

Oh and stay away from their snacks if there eating crisps you grab some fruit, yogurt or something you like that's also healthy. 
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Dec 14, 2012 4:09am
via Android

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone

161772_100001402206002_1495368387_n_thumb
1 Post
Dec 14, 2012 4:22am
via Android

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Dec 16, 2012 6:20am
via Android

Hey Gina im new too. Welcome. What workouts have you started with?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51