Just started 2 weeks and gained 5lbs

3 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 1, 2013 10:18pm
via Android

Just started walking an hour a day...over a mile straight up (843 ft elevation) and weighed myself for the first time in 2 weeks (5' 5" 138lbs before starting walking) and I gained 5 lbs. So frustrating .. this is not why I push myself up the freezing cold and rainy hill every day. Suggestions? I can't believe it.

01 Dec
Maybe you just gained muscles ;)! Eat healthy, stay motivated and work out and you will reach your goal
02 Dec
Next time don't measure weight.. measure body fat % do to the fact that muscle weighs more than fat.. you pushing yourself at that altitude most likely made you gain muscle giving you the gains.. if that's the fact than your doing good.. more muscle = better metabolism and that = better fat burning machine your body is..
Image_thumb
47 Posts
Dec 1, 2013 10:33pm
via Android

Muscle outweights fat with regards to density, which is why many people become discouraged at first. A better measure of your progress would be a proper body composition test to determine what percentage of your body is fat and what is fat free mass (FFM). Chin up! J

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 1, 2013 10:47pm
via Android

Thank you. ... figuring out fitnesspal right now

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51