Workout after having a surgery ?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Dec 13, 2013 9:10am
via iOS
Hey, umm I had a surgery because of an accident on the beach from waves .. Anyways I ended up having a surgery .. They took out my spleen (organ) and lost 2.5 liters of blood .(internal bleeding) soo now it's been three months and I didn't work out cause I can't but do u have any idea what I can do ? Some simple workout that doesn't cause any problems ? Like anything but lifting or push-ups or anything that doesn't have to do with abs and stuff ? I really do need help ..
13 Dec
Walking maybe....more physical therapy type exercises...id ask ur docter before attempting anything first...i hope u get better soon
13 Dec
hope you get better soon
13 Dec
Hannah is right. Good luck
Image_thumb
52 Posts
Dec 13, 2013 11:32am
via Android

good luck

Image_thumb
19 Posts
Dec 13, 2013 1:24pm
via iOS
Thank you guys !! And well the doctor said anything without lifting heavy stuff or anything that has to do with abs .. I could do a bit of dancing cause I dance ballet but he said I should not really jump and stretch alot .. :( and I have no idea what kind of excercise doesn't have either one of those .. And plus I can't run too ..
13 Dec
Maybe try working out with a light resistance band.. it really helped me get strength back after my knee surgery! Also exercising in a pool is very good and easy on your body. Please ask your doc first. Wish you a speedy recovery!
13 Dec
Ohhh okay I will .. And thank youu for ur advice and help !
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Dec 13, 2013 1:32pm
via iOS
Thank youu ! And I am getting better .. Hopefully after a few months I will be back to normal 
13 Dec
Good luck Jen:-):-):-)
13 Dec
Thank you :D
13 Dec
Looking forward to seeing u in better shape. ...peace
13 Dec
Hahaha thanks .. And yea same here :p
18 Dec
Take care keep ur head up I wish you the best
Image_thumb
226 Posts
Dec 13, 2013 5:21pm
via iOS
You should just walk for now. Most strength training exercises put strain on your abdomen, even though you may not notice it. Definitely talk to your doctor about all of the specifics. 
Get well soon! 
13 Dec
Thank you soo much !

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51