How much should I weigh???

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 16, 2013 1:43am
via iOS
I'm 14.. I play a lot of sports (soccer, volleyball, basketball, cheerleading, softball, gymnastics) I weigh 120 and I'm 5'1"..... I have a lot of muscle but do I weigh to much for my age and hight?
16 Dec
Muscle outweighs fat. I would say you're fine
16 Dec
Agreed Im 5'1, grew up athletic and have a lot of muscle. 120 is my healthy average from about 14 til now and Im 25. It sounds like you're doing well as long as your nutrition is in check. Not bodybuilder diet, just balanced. If you have access to calipers or an electric device you can do a body fat check and that'll tell u if you're doing ok. I pretty sure 18-19% is fitness model.. 20-22% is healthy. It sounds like you're doing ok. Just remember every body is different so don't beat yourself up about looking like any...
16 Dec
Body fat percentage ideal is between 10-5 is what my dad told me and he was a bodybuilder and wow a couple times
16 Dec
Sorry won not wow
16 Dec
Body fat percentage is naturally lower for men. If women go below 12% they are considered anerexic. their hormones will screw up and will develop health problems.
Image_thumb
143 Posts
Dec 16, 2013 1:54am
via Android

I m your age I weigh 140 and I m your height I know a girl who is like you so I think 115 but your fine you play alot sports so you should weigh more than other ppl that dont play as much sports as you and muscle weighs more than fat

16 Dec
Ok thanks!
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Dec 16, 2013 1:58am
via Android

I think that's a perfect weight. According to the weight/height chart you could be anywhere between 106 and 140 depending on your frame size. Muscle also weighs more than fat, so I'm sure you are just fine where you're at.

16 Dec
Image_thumb
482 Posts
Dec 16, 2013 2:25am
via Android

Girl u r perfect weight and size!!! Ur to active not to b....i cudnt say u needed to gain or lose weight and tell u honestly...i jus thnk ur right where i need to b

16 Dec
Image_thumb
397 Posts
Dec 16, 2013 3:29am
via iOS
Who cares how much you weigh as long as you think you look good
16 Dec
Lol... I just don't want to look fat.. Haha
16 Dec
Dnt play with tht...there is no possible way u look fat ...u entertain tht thought and it lead u down a path u dnt want to go ..everyone who ever had to struggle with an eating disorder or who is battling one right now can tell u it all started with th thoughts of im fat ....and n fact u wouldn't hav even posted ths question if th insecurity of am i or am i not fat wasn't already on ur mind where ever or whatever or whoever got u thinking tht way i dnt knw but ths i knw...
16 Dec
Ok thanks I guess I just see these skinny girls on TV and compare myself to them.. And I'm not them.. But thank you John and Hannah!
Image_thumb
139 Posts
Dec 16, 2013 3:52am
via iOS
Perfect size
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Dec 20, 2013 3:59am
via Android

The weight doesn t matter,, the important is if your weight comes from fat or muscle

20 Dec
First time I've ever seen ya post anything and its on an conversation done ended...but glad to see ur post
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Dec 23, 2013 7:51am
via Android

I am 5'1 also and weigh the same as you! I am 14 and play basketball softball volleyball amd run track, i used to think I had to be just like the skinny girls on tv but i figured that i had to love my body!! You are very pretty (no homo) and you are just fine. Besides, muscle weighs more than fat. You are gorgeous!! Dont let anyone tell you different! Haha :)  have a good day:)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51