"dooms day"

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
158 Posts
Dec 11, 2012 4:03pm
via iOS
Ok, so my aunt (she is 12) is pestering me that the economical collapse will happen this month. And that everyone will go around killing everybody else. I have also heard about the world totally ending this month.
1) what do I tell her?
2) what do you believe?
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Dec 11, 2012 4:59pm
via Android

Bet her everything she has that it won't happen. Win win situation

Image_thumb
175 Posts
Dec 11, 2012 5:09pm

Well let’s take a closer look at what is causing fear besides the Media shall we

Fact 1

December 21 2012 marks the conclusion of a baktun—a time period in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar which was used in Central America prior to the arrival of Europeans. The long count calendar although invented by the Olmec has become so closely associated with the Mayans they have been given credit.  The Mayan astrologist have historically had great vision and the ability to forecast astronomical events well into the future.  We know this because the Mayan writings have been scrutinized for many years and substaintially deciphered.  If you didn’t know the Mayan civilization lasted from about 250 to 900 AD. There is a generally statement that the Mayan Calendar will end on Dec 21, 2012.  While not quite true it does mark the end of the current long count period.   The accepted long count period is 13 baktuns or 5125 years.  However the count days are not as we accept it but rather a completely different cycle way too long to get into here.  The Mayan Calendar never ends it just starts a new cycle.  However at the end of each of the previous long counts major world events have happened that has caused great destruction and loss of life.

Fact 2

December 21, 2012 coincides with the Winter Solstice which is when the position of the sun is at its lowest point in the Northern Hemisphere and its highest in the Southern Hemisphere.  Additionally the sun is currently in the constellation of Sagittarius which is only one of two constellations in which the zodiac intersects the Milky Way Galaxy.  Every year, on the December solstice, the Sun and the Milky Way, from the surface of the Earth, appear to come into alignment, and every year, precession causes a slight shift in the Sun's position in the Milky Way.  This has an effect on the earth and causes a slight wobble if you will and rotation shift.

Fact 3 (almost)

Now this is only a conclusion generally accepted by some groups and dismissed by others.  Nostradamus although never specifically called out 2012 did have this quatrain taken from the fifth volume of “The Centuries”  “Where all is good, the Sun all beneficial and the Moon / Is abundant, its ruin approaches: / From the sky it advances to change your fortune. / In the same state as the seventh rock.”  Now in the book Vaticinia de Summis Pontificibus Nostradamus is credited with drawings of great destruction and burning buildings and wars across a great region.  This region is generally accepted to depict the Middle East.  The rub here is noone is certain that he actually did those drawings and what it depicts.  Like most of Nostradamus work everything is extremely vague and hard to quantify.

Fact 4

Most of the worlds’ scientist cannot give any reason to prove a pending great destruction.

So is it coincidence that all these factors are happening at once, media hype, doomsday believers trying to convince others or truly the end of the world.  You decide but I will text you on the 22nd to see how it’s going.

Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Dec 11, 2012 5:15pm
via Android

In the event of ecomonic collapse and everybody killing each other- pretend they're zombies and follow the zombieland  rules.

As far as the Mayan calander thing- you have to understand that the end of the worl/end of the cycle just meant knock the top off your pyramids and build bigger over the top..... Moral of the story- Redecorate!

Image_thumb
158 Posts
Dec 11, 2012 5:50pm
via iOS
Haha, thanks guys. All your answers are awesome!
Image_thumb
102 Posts
Dec 12, 2012 2:13am
via iOS
I am not really smart but without leap years it wouldve already been 2013. And the world still has not gon down the drain. So it wont end this year but who knows wen...
Image_thumb
175 Posts
Dec 12, 2012 2:23am
via Android

No leap year in the mayan long count.  It counts days not years

Image_thumb
612 Posts
Dec 12, 2012 5:19am
via Android

I am still here! Woo !

Image_thumb
175 Posts
Dec 12, 2012 5:31am
via Android

You still got a few left Alan

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51