Can martial arts people help me

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
143 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 10:51pm
via Android

I m a full black belt in tao kwun du and want to be able to roundhouse kick at head lvl snd I can only do at body lvl. Right now I can touch my toes but can't do a split can any martial arts people or kick boxers help me

30 Dec
Dynamic stretching and isometric holds will give you the most effective response. Kicking high isn't a leg issue, its mostly a hip issue. Can you crescent kick at face level?
30 Dec
30 Dec
Ok. Your legs should be ok then. Its hip flexibility, and as hannah said, core. Try dynamic stretches, isometric leg holds, and making sure the knee is pointing to the target. That was my issue...once I adjusted that the kick was easy and painless. And I cannot full split either.
Image_thumb
81 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 10:54pm
via Android

I can kick above the head level... there is no philosophy to it mate, just stretch whenever you can. Don't limit it to a gym. Most important do it every single day.

30 Dec
I have been doing at least 250 roundhouse kick s a day with both legs should I increase the amount to 500?, and stretch more
30 Dec
My instucters told me a thousand but u knw how tht goes :-) really their is a lot to good kicking mechanics hips..abducters ..flexibility ...technique ...strength ...but as dedicated as u are ull get their keep it up it will pay up
Image_thumb
81 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 11:04pm
via Android

I don't do lots of head high roundhouse kicks as they are rather exhausting. I do alternate it. Important part is that I can kick in the head when I need to.
In the gym I work mostly on technique and strength.
I stretch at home, usually when I'm watching TV. It's a great way to do it as before you notice you've done over an hour of stretching.
Just go easy mate. Don't over do it.

30 Dec
Thanks I ll do that
30 Dec
Let me know how you getting on. It's fun kicking staff. PS. Try roundhouse kick on the speed bag.
Image_thumb
481 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 11:09pm
via Android

Well lets see...look in my created workouts there is a workout n their created only for real martial artists the first half of tht workout is warmup and flexibility training which is essential to correct kicking as well as high kicks also workout ur core more specifically...for example place ur leg in sidekick position on a top of a chair holding a dumbell in th opposite hand or n th hand of ur support leg bend at th waist till u feel tht stretch n ur oblique thn after desired reps switch sides...also double check ur technique make sure ur knee for your round house is pointed toward your target ud b surprised how little things like tht will increase height..also this drill may fill silly but it will help along with th flexibility drills and core drills add ths exercise stand on a hard wood floor or anything u can slide on in your socks position ur toes slightly out slide urself out as if ur going to do a full split till ur feet are slightly wider thn horse stance width thn using th muscle tht run down th inside of ur thigh pull u back to starting position and do sqauts with toes pointing in same direction these exercises will build strength n ur round roundhouse kicks tht will also aid in your height....ths is jus somethings tht will help but their r thousands out their whn u put all these together it will give u what u want

30 Dec
I ll try it
Image_thumb
481 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 11:19pm
via Android

Lol just do it all and ull hav all ur basis covered..have u ever asked ur instructer?? :)

30 Dec
Yes he said something not helpful by comparison ok I m now going to stretch now
30 Dec
Ok :-) keep us posted and keep up th good work
30 Dec
Thanks I have been practicing daily and shadow boxing for 45mins a day so I m planning on going pro when older so I m practicing daily
30 Dec
30 Dec
Thts great! U can do it!! :-) Ill leave u to ur stretching ...
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Dec 30, 2013 11:28pm
via Android

If you are a full black belt surely u would have perfected that kick at green belt if not red belt level?

30 Dec
But not be able to kick at head lvl I have mastered it bit can't kick at head lvl
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 2, 2014 2:31pm
via Android

Mmm ok mate lol black belt who cant spell taekwondo and hasnt "masterd" a high kick pmfsl I have studied various martial arts through a 25yr journey and have a 3rd degree black in ju jitsu 2nd degree in judo and black belt 1st hons in kickboxing and have a 7 yr krav maga training experience and I have never heard anyone say they are a full black belt so in short ya full of shit

07 Jan
Your a dumbass I dont have good grammar which doesn't matter at all and you have not see my high kick so hkw can you make your assumption without any evidence that I haven't master the high kick and a full black belt is a type of belt you idiot it just saying I m a black belt but not the one right below it or that I m a 1 dan and how do I know your not full of.shit and I highly dont you have four black belts and if you where you would not call me a...
07 Jan
And every dojo has its own belt system similar to the norm but not always parrel to it
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Jan 3, 2014 2:12am
via Android

Hold down for two seconds, then go forward and press the Y button. You will throw a fireball and kick anyone's ass.

07 Jan
Image_thumb
55 Posts
Jan 3, 2014 7:58am
via Android

When i first join taekwondo  i cant kick high just like you but i practice the roundhouse kick every morning after i do the split not perfect at first but i made it i can kick high now. You can try wide leg stretch as well 

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Jan 7, 2014 5:12pm
via Android

Go talk to Taylor Launter :-)  He is a martial artist.

07 Jan
A lot of people on here are martial artists some pro mma fighter some martial artists are practicing some are not once a martial artist always a martial artist....martial arts is not one technique or one set of training its like language and dialect it changes frm town to town country to country. Its roots and history remains intact and its up to th martial artist to cultivate his own "language " as modern combat has changed so has come th needs to transform martial art and many intructors and experts hav done just tht creating new "dialects" withen the...
07 Jan
Hannah did u go to Harvard?
07 Jan
No and thank God...their is a lot of educated people who are dumb...experience is the best teacher and the lessons experience teach u are life long...ths is one of my favorite quotes a man tht thnk he knws everything can never learn a thing...in martial arts I remember being taught the power of fear tht physical fight or flight adrinaline rush tht we experience in th face of danger..we r taught tht n a short few seconds determines our outcome and somtimes our lives I was taught tht fear can b our destuction or our weapon...fear as well as other...
07 Jan
Every time you talk I think your smart and smarter each time
07 Jan
Well thank u :-) but ur just as smart as me I've just lived longer

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51