Hi my name is taylor, im 20 years old with an almost nine month old son. I currently weigh 176, trying to get down to 130 but would be happy with 140. Been counting calories for about a month now and need to step it up. Feel free to talk to me, I need any motivation I can get
U came to the right place for motivation.U can do it. Remember u dont have to start heavy. Its a marathon not a sprint.
No more soda or sweets, except for rare occasions. I drink water all day usually with lemon. Hardly any fast food and if so I try and go for salads or low calorie things. If I workout after hitting my calorue mark do I need to bring my calories back up to 1200 or above?
im needing to lose like 50 lbs:) i need something to cut my fat down ive been workin out n watch intake n only notice a sm. difference in forarms n legs.. but no weight has gone .. guess i hold fat well :/ cus thrs alot! wat to do ?
That's my problem.... I need to change my eating habits. I usually eat 2 big meals a day and i know thats not good at all... Eating more healthier meals a day is a big challenge for me.
That's great motivation.... I'm going to try some of those ideas..
I want to loose 25 pounds i way 80
I have have learned a few things while taking a fitness and nutrition class at school. I would like to help you reach your health goals but i will need a few bits of information from you.
1) your resting heart rate
- find a pulse (try your carotid) and measure it for 60 seconds (preferably in the morning as soon as you wake up)
2) i will need to know your age
I can give you a workout that will give you steady and healthy results.
I am 11
My pulse rate is 84
Am i overweight
I weigh 7 and a half stone !
Is it normal
I am 5 foot
Its not normal .....
Hey Taylor, I'm a personal trainer. It's great that you've decided to change your life. Here are a few tips I know will change your life. Since you've relatively recently had a child everything more than likely has changed. Get used to doing things out of the ordinary if you want results.
1. First thing in the morning as soon as you get up & before breakfast, do some form of exercise to get the blood pumping. This will also tap into the glucose reserve into your body & use it as energy .This app is great for this use because there are plenty of short intense/moderate workouts that will serve this purpose.
2. No eating past 7pm. Your body's metabolism isn't optimal past this point to burn calories the way you need. This means you need to get your calories in before 7. Eating every 2 hrs. Eat breakfast after 7am but make sure you've done a short workout prior to. Plan your meals smart & accordingly.
3. Minimize complex carbs & no processed or fast foods. Limit bread intake to 2 days a week & only wheat, rye or pumpernickel.
4. Drink lots of water. Toxins are stored in the fat cells in our bodies. As you loose weight your body becomes more toxic because it's exposing more toxins. This is why people hit a plateau when losing weight. You want your weight progress to be consistent. You need water to flush it out. Also eat more fiber too (carrots).
5. Commit to your primary workout of at least 1hr a day not counting the morning workout. Include strength training exercises & 30 min of cardio. Strength training first then cardio. This format improves your endurance vs building bulk. Increase your cardio as you loose weight & improve your strength.
6. Try to do something different in your workouts both strength & cardio. Our bodies take to habit & will lock in easily. You want muscle confusion if you want results. I hope this helps.
7. Don't forget that your body needs rest. 1 to 2 days of rest works. Do light stretching or yoga for flexibility on these rest days.
Wow thanks im going to write all this down and have it posted in my bedroom :)
Im 20 also with 2 kids.
Im at 170 and ill be happy to be at 140
I weight 138 before my second pregnancy