Trying to lose about 45 pounds

18 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Dec 15, 2012 1:06am
via Android

Hi my name is taylor, im 20 years old with an almost nine month old son. I currently weigh 176, trying to get down to 130 but would be happy with 140. Been counting calories for about a month now and need to step it up. Feel free to talk to me, I need any motivation I can get

16 Dec
I have a one year old and also trying to loose weight and tone up. Do you have a work out buddy? I work out best when being competitive. Lol. -Stephanie
18 Dec
Hey Taylor, im in the same boat. I downloaded this app a while back, but finally decided im going to actually start looking at it. Im 178 and want to be 130. i managed to go down to 160, but then all of a sudden im back at 178. SMH. Whats your current workout plan?
19 Dec
I used to throw girls at your current weight lol....I was a co ed cheerleader one guy one girl how cheerleading is supposed to be done lol
Image_thumb
323 Posts
Dec 15, 2012 1:36am
via Android

U came to the right place for motivation.U can do it. Remember u dont have to start heavy. Its a marathon not a sprint.

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Dec 15, 2012 2:30am
via Android

No more soda or sweets, except for rare occasions. I drink water all day usually with lemon. Hardly any fast food and if so I try and go for salads or low calorie things. If I workout after hitting my calorue mark do I need to bring my calories back up to 1200 or above?

19 Dec
The most important thing to remember is in order to lose weight u have to burn more calories then u take in
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Dec 15, 2012 8:06am
via iOS
The main focus on losing weight is CARDIO. Just plain ol' running burns it all off. I lost 15-20 pounds in about 6-ish weeks just from joining cross country. Once I joined, I immediately started eating healthy. No fast food as often, fruits/vegetables, no red meat.. 
Don't expect to do ab workouts and immediately get a flat stomach from that (although it does help!) It takes a process, persistence and patience. Run your butt off! Literally.. Good Luck! ;)
Image_thumb
29 Posts
Dec 15, 2012 7:11pm
via Android

im needing to lose like 50 lbs:) i need something to cut my fat down ive been workin out n watch intake n only notice a sm. difference in forarms n legs.. but no weight has gone .. guess i hold fat well :/ cus thrs alot! wat to do ?

16 Dec
Don't eat after 7 Don't eat when ur bored And do different types of workouts Only drink water Drink cold water when you wake. Burns off calories fast
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Dec 16, 2012 12:32am
via iOS
Hey. I'm in the same boat actually. I have a 2 month and am currently at 151. I lost the beginning 27 lbs doing Yoga, Zumba, p90x ab ripper x (in the workouts in this app). 

So here's the thing. Theres days where I can only do even half or even less of the workout. But continue to push yourself. I'm trying to get to 120. So I myself have 30 lbs to lose. Myfitnesspal is a good calorie counter and you can follow me if you'd like...username lilrani. 

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Dec 16, 2012 12:43am
via Android

That's my problem.... I need to change my eating habits. I usually eat 2 big meals a day and i know thats not good at all... Eating more healthier meals a day is a big challenge for me.

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Dec 16, 2012 12:44am
via Android

That's great motivation.... I'm going to try some of those ideas..

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Dec 16, 2012 12:58am
via iOS
Eting healthy is the hardest actually. So one thing That's helping drive me is my competiveness. So actually me, my mom and sister are doing a week "biggest loser" challenge. Find someone who you can do that eith. It makes losing weight sort of a game. So liked we went out to eat, at a breakfast place...I managed to steer clear of pancakes just thinking about the challenge.
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Dec 16, 2012 2:52am
via iOS
Don't shoot for an end goal of 46 pounds. Break it up into smaller goals per week or even per day. Eat X amount of calories per day and commit to Y amount of exercises on here per week. Plan the week out in advance and you'll reach your goal much easier from a mental standpoint. Having positive recognition of achieving your daily and weekly goals will be a lot better for you instead of only having one big goal to achieve.
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Dec 16, 2012 3:08am
via Android

I want to loose 25 pounds i way 80

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Dec 18, 2012 6:40pm
via Android

I have have learned a few things while taking a fitness and nutrition class at school. I would like to help you reach your health goals but i will need a few bits of information from you.

1) your resting heart rate
    - find a pulse (try your carotid) and measure it for 60 seconds (preferably in the morning as soon as you wake up)

2) i will need to know your age

I can give you a workout that will give you steady and healthy results.

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Dec 18, 2012 7:47pm
via iOS
Oh awesome. I'll find my resting rate in the morning and get back to you.
Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Dec 18, 2012 8:07pm
via Android

I am 11
My pulse rate is 84
Am i overweight
I weigh 7 and a half stone !
Is it normal
I am 5 foot

18 Dec
I'm sorry but what's a half stone? If your saying your 75lbs then your underweight.
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Dec 18, 2012 10:25pm
via Android

Its not normal .....

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 18, 2012 10:57pm
via Android

Hey Taylor, I'm a personal trainer. It's great that you've decided to change your life. Here are a few tips I know will change your life. Since you've relatively recently had a child everything more than likely has changed. Get used to doing things out of the ordinary if you want results.
1. First thing in the morning as soon as you get up & before breakfast, do some form of exercise to get the blood pumping. This will also tap into the glucose reserve into your body & use it as energy .This app is great for this use because there are plenty of short intense/moderate workouts that will serve this purpose.
2. No eating past 7pm. Your body's metabolism isn't optimal past this point to burn calories the way you need. This means you need to get your calories in before 7. Eating every 2 hrs. Eat breakfast after 7am but make sure you've done a short workout prior to. Plan your meals smart & accordingly.
3. Minimize complex carbs & no processed or fast foods. Limit bread intake to 2 days a week & only wheat, rye or pumpernickel.
4. Drink lots of water. Toxins are stored in the fat cells in our bodies. As you loose weight your body becomes more toxic because it's exposing more toxins. This is why people hit a plateau when losing weight. You want your weight progress to be consistent. You need water to flush it out. Also eat more fiber too (carrots).
5. Commit to your primary workout of at least 1hr a day not counting the morning workout. Include strength training exercises & 30 min of cardio. Strength training first then cardio. This format improves your endurance vs building bulk. Increase your cardio as you loose weight & improve your strength.
6. Try to do something different in your workouts both strength & cardio. Our bodies take to habit & will lock in easily. You want muscle confusion if you want results. I hope this helps.
7. Don't forget that your body needs rest. 1 to 2 days of rest works. Do light stretching or yoga for flexibility on these rest days.
Arla

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Dec 19, 2012 3:35am
via Android

Wow thanks im going to write all this down and have it posted in my bedroom :)

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Dec 19, 2012 4:47am
via Android

Im 20 also with 2 kids.
Im at 170 and ill be happy to be at 140
I weight 138 before my second pregnancy

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51