Too Much????

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 12, 2014 12:05am
via Android

is thete a such thing as working out too much because the more i work out the weaker i feel. Any advice

12 Jan
Rest is just as important as the workout, are you working out at 100%.Are you eating protein?mabey you are not doing the right workout..
12 Jan
i can say that i dont get 8 hours of sleep a day. could that be the reason
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Jan 12, 2014 1:06am
via Android

Working out too much can be counter productive

Image_thumb
139 Posts
Jan 12, 2014 4:38pm
via Android

Yes you can work out too much.  It is a condition known as over training.  Every time you exercise(especially if you are using weights) you cause micro tears in the muscle tissue.  As your body repairs and heals the muscles they get stronger.  However if you are not eating right or allowing enough rest in between your exercises the muscles will continue to break down causing weakness and fatigue.   

12 Jan
thank you that makes so much sense
12 Jan
Any time. Good luck
49229_1488296738_3001702_n_thumb
46 Posts
Jan 12, 2014 6:09pm
via Android

Like Brian said, Working out too hard or without proper diet and recovery can cause fatigue, reduced performance, anxiety, and physical injury.
It is called over-training.

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Jan 12, 2014 6:14pm
via Android

Interesting read if I can find it again, but one article claimed practically everybody, especially people new to working out, don't train enough to even come close to "overtraining". Stated it was practically a myth. If I come across it, I'll share. But take all studies with a grain of salt. There will be another article out next week refuting this one

12 Jan
really??
12 Jan
I would like to read it is you can find it.
13 Jan
If you think over training is a myth Google rhabdomyalisis, it is a condition often associated with"over training" or when someone breaks down more muscle then the body can repair over a short period of time(sorry the spelling may be a little off.)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51