Recipes for athletes
Serving Size 1 (433g); Calories 398; Total Carbohydrate 6.4g; Protein 65.2gIngredients
- Salmon fillets - about 3 lbs - 6
- Prepared hot salsa - 1 (16 ounce) jar
- Black bean - canned, drained - 1/4 cup
- Hass avocado - ripe, peeled, pitted and sliced (optional) - 1
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry. Place in prepared pan.
- Mix salsa and black beans in a bowl and pour over salmon.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced avocado.
Thanks, Anthony. Great recipe, man!!! Sounds tasty, I'll try it soon... Everyday, I will have a new dish for you all on this forum... So, get ready to chow down!
Thanks, Rani. :-) You know how important it is to eat right.
Ok... I told you, I'd try to come through with a recipe a day, until all of y'all eatin' right! Lol!!! This is one of my favorites:Asian Turkey Burgers
Serving Size 1 (118g); Calories 147; Total Carbohydrate 5.8g; Protein 25.4gIngredients
- Ground turkey breast - 20 oz
- Egg - 1
- Breadcrumbs - 1/3 cup
- Garlic - minced - 1 tablespoon
- Red onions - minced - 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Ground ginger - (according to your tastes) - 1/2 to 1 teaspoon
- Soy sauce - low sodium - 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Start by putting the ground turkey in a large bowl.
- Crack egg into the same bowl and scramble with a fork before mixing in the bread crumbs, garlic, onions, ground ginger, and soy sauce.
- Mix together with a fork until just combined. Don't over-mix.
- Form into 6 patties (I start with a 1/3 dry measuring cup and adjust the sizes from there).
- At this point the burgers are ready for the grill OR the freezer.
- TO GRILL:. Grill about 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through (NO PINK IN THE MIDDLE). Will take less time if using a George Foreman Grill ;-)
- Top with sauteed red onions if desired.
- Serve on toasted/grilled sandwich thins.
- TO FREEZE:.
- After forming patties, arrange burgers on a cookie sheet and freeze.
- Once solid, individually wrap the burgers in sandwich baggies.
- Place baggies in a larger zip lock freezer bag or an air tight container.
- Thaw before cooking.
- EAT CLEAN and TRAIN MEAN!!!
Try it, beautiful... Let me know how you like it. Thank you. Something tells me you know your way around the kitchen too. Post it right here, if you've got some great dishes for us to try... ;-)
Pulses, sporouts, peas... Chikpeas and MANY diff varieties aof peas....
Best for proteins. Fats from nuts and seeds like flax seeds are THE BEST!!
For non vegetarians, fish and eggs are the best. Red meat takes time to diges plus it has additional cholesterol
Then.... Grains like Jowar bajra are the best :)
Bajra also known as ragi is the best!! Foe prpteins.
Fruits: Best life span and best body (athlete or not) is got by eatinf FRESH fruits and NOT juicing.
Coz anti oxidants save out "rusting of body". And in air yhere is oxygen. And oxygen's work is obviously to oxidize. Lol. Anti oxidants get oxidized by air leaving no anti oxidants for your body.
So, all these make good body. And rice should be brown rice
Oh Mario!! You can make sprouted pulses like this:
1. Just after the pulses sprput, cook them, cook them in water with salt first for hard beans/ pulses. Cook a paste of tomato and onion puree. With ginger garlic paste.
Add the cooked beans/ sprouts in the cooked puree and add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, curry powder, etc... I mean any Indian type spice. Now, let it cook nicely and absorb the flavour.
After it gets cooked, garnish it with corriander leaves (and not parsley).
Eat this with brown bread or pita bread.
Enjoy your protein rich meal :)
Oh to cook the puree first add 1 tsp of oil too. Then garlic and ginger paste then onion puree and last is tomato paste :)
Lol and I told foods to eat rather than recipes
Serving Size 1 (135g); Calories 279; Total Carbohydrate 18.8g; Protein 21.6gIngredients
- Whole wheat bread - toasted and crusts removed - 8 slices
- Mayonnaise - 1/2 cup
- Red onion - minced - 1/4 cup
- Fresh parsley - chopped - 1/4 cup
- Granny smith apple - peeled, cored, and finely diced - 1/2
- Tabasco sauce - a few drops or to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- Lump crabmeat - (or three 6 oz. cans water
- Gruyere cheese - shredded - 1 1/2 cups
- Preheat oven to 400°; butter a shallow 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Line the bottom of the baking dish with the whole wheat toast.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, onion, parsley, and apple; taste and add Tabasco, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Blend in crabmeat or tuna; spread over the bread; top with the cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Simply delicious and completely healthy. :-)
LEMONY GARLIC PRAWNS
Per serving 355 cals
Serves 4 so can be eaten as a family meal.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
350g/3/4lb Brown Pasta Bows or Brown Rice
2 Garlic Cloves crushed
Juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp chopped flat-leafy parsley
450g/1lb raw tiger or king prawns, peeled and deveined
Freshly ground black pepper.
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the pasta or rice for 6-8 minutes or until cooked.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large frying pan over low heat. Add the arluc and cook for 2 min, or until soft but nit browned. Add the lemon juice and zest and allow to bubble for 30 seconds, or until reduced by aout half.
3. Stir in the parsley, add the prawns and turn up the HEAT under the pan t medium. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously until prawns have turned pink and are just cooked through. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
4. Drain he pasta bows or rice, no need to drain rice and stir into into the frying pan. Toss the pasta/rice in the garlicky butter until they are well coated. Divide evenly and serve. BON APPETITE!
Okay... Glad that you liked it :)
Oooh, Crab or Tuna casserole sounds grand. Gonna try this later in the week. Thanks 'Guru'!
Brooke, girl... That looks delicious and healthy. I want some of that. Man, this forum is making me hungry.
Ana S' "Protein Cheesecake", for those of you on a platform where the recipe got cut in half, for lack of space:
Crust: 1 and 3/4 cup of almond meal, 2 medjool dates, 1.5 tbsp sunflower seed butter (or other butter) Bake the crust for about 15min. Then the cheesecake mix on top: 250g quark or cottage cheese, 3 tbsp Whey protein vanilla, 1 cup of whole milk (or other milk), 5 tbsp vanilla casein then I like to put on top 1 cup of frozen raspberries and bake it for about 30 min (try to not over bake) You can play around with the flavours :)
Here's the recipe for today... Protein rich and tasty.
Italian Roast Beef
Serving Size 1 (218g); Calories 340; Total Carbohydrate 2.4g; Protein 43.6g
- Kosher salt - 1/2 cup
- Basil - dried - 1/2 cup
- Oregano - dried - 1/2 cup
- Garlic - granulated - 1/2 cup
- Black pepper - freshly ground - 1/4 teaspoon
- Roast - fat cap on
- Olive oil - extra
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Combine the salt, basil,oregano, granulated garlic and onion, and the black pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Trim all the fat from the beef round. Rosemary grinds the trimmings, but you can cut them up into bite-size pieces. Put the trimmings on the bottom of a roasting pan and sprinkle with some of the seasoning mix. Put the roast beef on top and coat the beef well with more of the seasoning mix. Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the roast and pat it into the seasonings.
- Roast for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until the internal temperature registers 130 degrees (medium-rare) on an instant-read thermometer. Remove from the oven and let stand for about 20 minutes before carving.
- Serve it up and enjoy.
Crushed avocado with ocean king prawns and grapefruit salad.
2 ripe avocados
Juice of a lemon
Juice and zest of a lime
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1/2 red Chilli finely chopped
6 mint leaves, finely sliced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 small salad onion, finely diced
1 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 grapefruit, peeled and segmented
24 cooked and peeled medium ocean king prawns
2 cups mixed salad leaves
2 dessert spoons rice wine vinegar
6 dessert spoons extra virgin olive oil
Halve, peel and crush avocados roughly with the back of a fork.
Add lemon juice, lime juice and zest, coriander leaves, chilli, mint, garlic, salad onion, fish sauce, the prawns, of course and pepper.
EAT CLEAN and TRAIN MEAN!
Today, I'm having Anthony's salmon... I want more recipes folks. I know you guys are not only eating Pizza Pockets and Ramen soup. C'mon now! Let me know too, if you appreciate these posts 'cause if it's not doing a thing for 'ya, I'll put my time and energy where it'll do the most good. One.
Thank you @ mario for this thread bruh!
Thanks to all! Looking forward to trying some these out soon.