go past burn? rest?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Dec 17, 2012 3:44pm
via Android

if a person wrks out hard core n hurts doin anything even layin down should u rest or just keep at it?? like continuing workouts? also wen liftin weights should u lift something a bit above wats comfortable or?

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Dec 17, 2012 4:00pm
via iOS
Keep going that means its working
Image_thumb
29 Posts
Dec 17, 2012 4:03pm
via Android

i did the next day but the third day i hurt so bad couldnt lay down n tender to touch like bad!

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Dec 17, 2012 4:04pm
via iOS
If you hurt that bad then you have to rest to avoid injury
Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Dec 17, 2012 4:07pm
via iOS
Stretch so you can ease the pain
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Dec 17, 2012 4:10pm
via iOS
If your sore I like to work another part of my body. I like to split my training up into 4 parts

Day 1: cardio and core/abs
Day 2: legs
Day 3: upper body
Day 4: rest if needed/yoga/stretching/slow cardio/hiking
Repeat

So there Will be at least 2 days between training the different parts of my body. Remember you get sore because you smashes your muscles doing your workout and the need time to regenerate :)

How much you lift depends on your workout structure. Depending on my structure I usually go with weights where I can do 10-20 reps. Fore some structures you should go to where you can only do 6 reps. I also like to start a little Heavy even if I know I have to lower the weight after the first two sets. I whould rather go a little to Heavy Then a little to light.

If your just starting out dont go lower Then 10-12 reps and make sure your form are correct. Once you know your bodys limitations and how to do the exercises right. You can go really Heavy

Good luck :)
Icon_missing_thumb
135 Posts
Dec 17, 2012 4:12pm
via iOS
You are clearly new to this. No pain no gain is bullshit. Your body needs to rest. when working out you need to be at your peak, you also need to know how far you can push yourself before you break. Your body tones inbetween workouts. This is why you need rest days...
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Dec 17, 2012 4:13pm
via iOS
Also remember warmup and stretch before your workout and cooldown and stretch after your workout. This Will give you better results and reduce soreness

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51