Shin splints

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
25 Posts
Jan 27, 2014 7:02pm
via Android

How do you prevent shin splints? And if you get them how do you recover?

27 Jan
I had shine splints horrible my senior year of track season. Whatch how you are running make sure you are not stomping land your feet as softly as possible. And try not to run on concrete it is horrible on your shine. If you already have them and are trying to continue your workout use athletic wrap and tape. Do strips of tape as in an X. This will allow extra support while completing your work out. And help to heal them instead of getting worse.
27 Jan
- You need to take the time to get properly fitted for running shoes, Google for a shop near you that does it. - Change your runners more often than you think if you are doing high km's, the support wears out. - stretch the front of your shin, ie point toes down - consider doing time on the bike or swimming (or both) instead of one of your runs each week, will reduce the load on shins and allow them to recover. And build up other muscles around them. - if you are already suffering ice and heat after...
Image_thumb
25 Posts
Jan 27, 2014 9:30pm
via Android

Thank you all! I've read that heel strike while running can be a major culprit, and I'm pretty sure I do this. Any advice on how to change my technique? Plus I am joining a new gym soon so the elliptical will be my best friend!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51