Soree! Lol

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Feb 15, 2014 1:11pm
via Android

I just started working out yesterday, and I'm extremely sore! Lol if I workout again today...will it help the soreness or make it worse??

15 Feb
It will help the soreness of course but all is about minds strength !
15 Feb
Thank you! :)
15 Feb
I try not to work out the same muscle two days in a row if it's sore bc of weights or I specifically targeted that area. Depending on what you did it might not hurt to workout again, just make sure you eat no later than an hour after your workout! & eat something with protein to help muscles rebuild.
16 Feb
Hey girl iam sore also. That means we killed it.great results will come sooooon.i recommend 2 rest. Muscles groww durring rest not when working out.
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Feb 15, 2014 1:49pm
via Android

I'm no expert but I do have experience being sore. I would give your body a chance to rest and heal for a day and then get back to it the day after. The great news is that if you keep it up, this will be the worst of it and you'll never have to be this sore ever again. Keep it up, you're doing great!

15 Feb
Thank you so much! :) would it hurt me if I do it again today? :)
15 Feb
Yeah it will, if your too sore rest, and if you do workout make sure you take care of your body after, proteins help heal take before and after workouts, and a hot bath helps too, but after bath pain will come back, but not as bad as before, stay loose move around when your still muscles tightens
Image_thumb
252 Posts
Feb 15, 2014 2:03pm
via Android

My PT trainer told me its ok to workout that muscle again. Id do it again today and rest ur body tomorrow. I still get soreness once in a while  maybe cause i workout almost everyday. Once i feel soreness i rest so my body can recover lol. Good luck in everything

Image_thumb
278 Posts
Feb 15, 2014 2:55pm
via Android

One thing that people don't do is stretch after workouts,did u do any stretches? I suggest u not work out the same muscle groups while being sore because ur likely to tear a muscle rather then repair it while resting..a personal trainer who actually cares about their client would agree,everyones body is different,so it's normal to work out being sore afterwards so if u get a sore muscle I recommend biofreeze gel to all of my clients. Its going to take time for ur body to get adjusted,try working out 3 times a week, Mon,wed,Fri. .etc until ur body adapts to ur new routine,just make sure u take rest in between sets as well as have correct form..it's not a race, go at ur own pace..hope this helps God bless!

16 Feb
I like tht ..its not race go at your own pace... nice quote :-)
16 Feb
:-) thanks lol
16 Feb
Welcome... I've learned something very recently about quotes... thts very special on my heart :-)
16 Feb
The quote that I put on all my business cards which I made up when I did personal training is " how you look and feel today,determines how successful you are tomorrow" And explaining just says if you feel like a million bucks you work like you're a millionaire:)
Image_thumb
482 Posts
Feb 16, 2014 12:02am
via Android

What your experiencing is called DOMS which stands for delayed onset muscle soreness...its completely normal..no you should not workout if your sore..if you were to take a look inside your body at what is really going on you'd probably be surprised...if you want to workout whn sore incorporate a body split..depending on types of workouts your doing... its not necessary nor highly recommended for beginners to utilize high volume workouts ... rest as well as proper nutrition is key to recovery as well as keeping you injury free and working out longer

16 Feb
Oh nice choice of words Doms, I was going to put that in my comment but the fact that she experience soreness right away it usually takes two to three days before doms sets in :p
16 Feb
Also knw as acute onset muscle soreness yet no research I hav read so far proves their is a difference between acute or delayed in the body
16 Feb
Very nice u Def know the science of the body..awesome:)
16 Feb
Thanx :-) more to learn...their are more fitness myths thn their are superstitions I'm afraid :-)
Image_thumb
33 Posts
Feb 20, 2014 12:19am
via iOS
In x military n this soreness is called muscle memory you've worked out muscles you havnt before or in a long time .. Keep going with working out if you stop so early on you'll seize up .. So I recommend a nice light jog or even a swim to warm up n get you loose then carry on with your work outs .. N have a rest day one a week ..
20 Feb
That is completely two different things

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51