Help

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 19, 2014 7:23am
via iOS
I'm tryna get to the push ups now
I really need to get more in shape because I'm joining the army so it's so hard for me I can't do even do one push up I do try a lot and I do a lot cardio so please give me some tips ???
Image_thumb
185 Posts
Feb 19, 2014 7:26am
via iOS
I used to be in the same boat (couldn't do one) but what I did was just try and try and try! 
I'm not an expert but doing "wall push-ups" (stand at a distance from the wall an lean into push-ups) are an easier alternative and may help you to reach the goal of doing push ups 
Also just strengthening your arm muscles in general May help. 
19 Feb
Thanks I will def try it
19 Feb
These, and when you build some strength, you can move down from the wall to something lower but not yet the floor (bed, chair,etc)
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 19, 2014 7:31am
via Android

Start off with modified pushup aka "girlie" pushup. Your knees on the ground. Make sure ur back is straight and that your butt isn't up in the air :) good luck

19 Feb
Also, try to do a regular pushup each session. Even if you just shake and don't go up or down. It will help. And in no time you will have your first pushup. It took me about 1 .5 weeks to get one (trying nearly everyday) and now I can do at least 8 solid ones no problem. Still working on more lol
19 Feb
Do knee pushup , then do another variations
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Feb 19, 2014 8:22am
via iOS
Thanks I will def try it
Image_thumb
185 Posts
Feb 19, 2014 10:58am
via iOS
Yeah definitely girly push-ups too, great idea Taylor (:

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51