Protein shakes?

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Feb 21, 2014 4:51pm
via Android

I got a new protein shake which is strawberry and cream flavour and always leaves me feeling sick, does anyone know of any great protein shakes that work and have a decent taste. Thanks

21 Feb
Optimum nutrition gold standard is pretty good. Some flavors are better than others though.
Image_thumb
28 Posts
Feb 21, 2014 5:01pm
via Android

I used to take the Gold Standard Whey Protein, it really has a good taste

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Feb 21, 2014 5:08pm
via Android

Thanks lads I'll have a look at them and order when I run out of this stuff

Image_thumb
222 Posts
Feb 21, 2014 5:20pm
via Android

When you say sick is it nausea from the taste or does it not digest well?

Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Feb 21, 2014 11:28pm
via Android

Maxiraw chocolate. I actually like the taste.

21 Feb
Body by Vi is really great. Along with being a protein shake it kicks up your metabolism, making your workouts more effective. And if you dont like the taste they have flavor packets that come with the shake mox or just add fruit or anything else.
23 Feb
Maxiraw is also owned by GSK so it's actually been tested in trials and is safe.
Image_thumb
53 Posts
Feb 22, 2014 6:31am
via Android

Optimum nutrition,BSN,Dymatize are some of the best brands. Choose standard flavours like chocolate or vanilla and you can't go wrong!

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Feb 22, 2014 8:45pm
via Android

Muscle milk chocolate flavor delicious

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Feb 23, 2014 12:53am
via Android

Thanks everyone for the help' to Marc r I don't its digesting well tbh but I'm not sure

Image_thumb
88 Posts
Feb 23, 2014 2:07am
via Android

Gold standard whey one of best

Image_thumb
954 Posts
Feb 23, 2014 3:09am
via Android

Well you gotta look at what the ingredients are and try something different. The flavor probably isn't the issue as much as what type of protein and what ingredients are in it.  Without knowing what the main shake type is it is difficult to make a suggestion. You can find out your shake type, like maybe it's whey, and google that along with your symptoms, example "whey protein digestion problem" or whatever. See if anything matches with what you are experiencing.

A lot of protein shake choice is trial and error as we learn how our bodies react to these new ingredients in concentrated quantities.  There are a LOT of options out there.

23 Feb
Yeah makes sense man cheers and thanks for all the help everybody

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51