What does everyone do for a living?

15 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
82 Posts
Apr 26, 2014 7:16am
via Android

I'm just curious because I see people on here doing tons of workout a day, which I'm really rather jealous of...
Me, I work at a cake and pie shop. For UK users, I don't need the say the name because it's a famous chain. So I'll leave it out.
I work fulltime (42 hours) and spend 5 days a week standing up, walking back and forth, lifting things, bending down. This for 10-11 hours a day. I'm not the kind of person to really take breaks.
I feel I get plenty of exercise at work! I get lots of comments on how I stay so slim but work appears the be the reason because I'm not very good at saying no to cakes. So then when I come home it's sometimes very hard to do more exercise. I feel if I take a rest day it'll turn into a rest week :-) So I use you guys to motivate me! The more you work out, the more I want to keep up. Thanks!

Well that turned into something... Different. Sorry! Do still answer the question please :-)

10 May
I am a bartender in Atlanta joining the navy. :D
13 Jan
Hey Janna, I work a very stressful job. I'm a nurse. :-) I work 12-16 hours a day 6 days a week. I work out for about 30 minutes a day when i get home then fall asleep.
13 Jan
Wow see that's amazing! Saving lives all day long and then still find strength to do some workout. That's inspiring!
13 Jan
Yes but i have to force myself to workout. I'm so exhausted by the time i get home that all i want to do is hit the bed and sleep. So i make a cup of green tea and i put in my workout video. I work out for 30 minutes then take a long how shower and crash until it is time to get up and do it all again
13 Jan
I've also had to change my eating habits since I work graveyard shift.
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Apr 26, 2014 1:57pm
via Android

You're fine:) its best to vent frustrations! I work as a shuttle bus driver and try to work out within the day if I have a free moment, and then when I get home I typically tryeto go to the gym 4 times a week right after. It can be tough, but if you want it you have to do it. Theres no secrets that the key to fitness is hard work, sweat, and eating a well balanced diet :) ultimately you will find your own recipe to your success!

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Apr 26, 2014 2:14pm
via Android

Well ... I dont exactly work. I am still a student. Done with my Bachelors (Bachelor in Engineering) with computer science as my stream. I workout early in the morning. Its the first thing in my mind as I get up and the last thing in my mind when i am about to sleep at night. I am pretty much motivated to build up a beautiful body and to stay healthy as well. Its not been long since i have started to go to gym but i intend to continue it always in future.

Image_thumb
82 Posts
Apr 26, 2014 2:33pm
via Android

I do find exercising as soon as you get home is the best way! Otherwise your body relaxes and it can be hard getting it going again.

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Apr 26, 2014 2:37pm
via Android

Hi. I work for a home care agency. I work in the insurance dept. I love it but I sit at a desk 8 - 10 hrs a day..it doesn't help that I'm so busy that I eat at my desk. ..and a lot of times snack..bad bad bad.. I been trying to work out after work but god knows by 8pm I'm beat. But I have worked out 4 times this week so I'm on the right track. Good luck to you! !

Image_thumb
82 Posts
Apr 26, 2014 2:40pm
via Android

You're doing really well! I find it unbelievably hard to work out after 8pm as I'm pretty much asleep by then so anyone who does it at that time or after is pretty exceptional to me

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Apr 26, 2014 3:22pm
via iOS
I'm a student in a CEGEP 3-year technique, I find that if I go home after school I always just stay there and not move for the rest of the day as soon as I relax so 
Instead I go to the gym right after classes(even if it's late) And I find that I'm more motivated since I didn't have the time to relax on the sofa :) I find it helps to find the energy. 
Image_thumb
124 Posts
Apr 26, 2014 11:57pm
via iOS
I work at hooters and Buffalo Wild Wings! I also teach mma and train people in the gym
14 Jan
I wish there was a hooters in ireland if the staff look like you! I would never leave!
Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Apr 27, 2014 3:22am
via Android

I'm a professional intergalactic space Lord

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 27, 2014 2:10pm
via Android

Correctional officer.

27 Apr
Now I bet that's a nice job to have!
Image_thumb
48 Posts
May 29, 2014 12:34pm
via Android

IT professional

Image_thumb
23 Posts
May 29, 2014 2:19pm
via Android

Hiii Janna I'm a medical student, not working yet :))

I also tend to turn rest days into rest weeks, and I also use this app to keep me motivated

29 May
Think I saw somewhere you were still studying :-) how you're enjoying it!
29 May
Hehe, yup, I will be studying until I dieeee ;-) it's fun, stressful, but mostly fun :-)
29 May
I'm sure you'll live through it! Otherwise you can always use the movie flatline as an escape ;-)
Image_thumb
82 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 12:13am
via Android

I am painter in queensland, Australia

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 12:42am
via iOS
I'm not allowed to work at the moment until I get my U.S. work permit!!  but I was a Regional Manager for a corporate finance company.. Now I'm a bum
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 14, 2015 1:15am
via Android

I just started my first full time desk job after grad school, I'm on here to combat the desk donut that has appeared around my middle. I'm an enterprise technical engineer.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51