No cardio, I don't want to lose weight, just want to lift...anyone else?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Apr 29, 2014 6:18pm
via iOS
New to the forum and app. So hi everyone!

I hate cardio, so I don't do it. Well, I do very little of it. I don't need to lose weight (BMI 19, BF 22%).

I want to build muscle, and strength. I recently started the program New Rules Of Lifting for Woman. I'm on week 2 and I like it, but I think I need something more intense.

Who's down for the challenge?? I need someone who is somewhat knowledgable. I have some knowledge but would love help from someone with heavy lifting experience.
29 Apr
I Can Help you. What is your goal?
29 Apr
See above
29 Apr
I'm very knowledgeable of heavy lifting. Are you familiar with supersets?
29 Apr
Supersets is a burn out, you take no kind of breaks. You just go from one workout to the next and then repeat it. Supersets is for strength and it's very intense.
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Apr 29, 2014 7:50pm
via iOS
No I am not. Right now the program I am doing is- total body 3x per week increasing weight with each workout. So there's plenty of recovery time, but it's a super slow program. 6 months. 
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Apr 29, 2014 7:51pm
via iOS
Sorry- I'm confused about the reply/ comment thing.
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Apr 29, 2014 8:19pm
via Android

How does your programme lool like now?

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Apr 30, 2014 4:35am
via Android

Do u do full body exercise 3times a week. Well that's great.. Keep changes in exercise that u do in a week.. Dont do same thing all over week

30 Apr
Why not?
30 Apr
Making changes helps to build stronger muscle witout getting bored of same exercise and making changes helps to get faster result
30 Apr
Thats bullshit
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Apr 30, 2014 6:11am
via iOS
Hopefully I'm responding correctly. Yes, I am doing total body 3xs per week. Mostly free weights/ body weight...no machines. Increasing weight every workout, decrease reps. Right now I'm stressing because I'm away on biz wotkout my protein!!
30 Apr
Increase reps with similar weights 8*10*12reps per exercise. If ur in stress take some energy drinks during exercise.
30 Apr
Dude what kind of advice is this?
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Apr 30, 2014 11:14am
via Android

How does your routine look like?

Exercises with how many sets and reps?

A full body routine is a great way to start and to become alot stronger. Specially when you focus on compound lifts and going heavy.

30 Apr
This is exactly what I am doing. Dead lifts, squats, lunges, presses, push ups...Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Started with 2 sets of 15, the program and plan is to increase sets/weight but decrease reps. Goal is to become stronger.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51