Need to lose 60 lbs any suggestions?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
May 1, 2014 9:50am
via Android

I believe I'm 60 lbs over weight I have been walking for a half Hr and doing some workout in here but what is a good easy diet to stick too? I've never really dieted before any helpful suggestions.

01 May
Just stay away from fatty food and saturated fat, also cut down on carbs and you'll be fine :) keep exercising though!
01 May
We are on the same boat. I am 166 i just dont want what i see in the pictures.eating healthy, more on fruits and veggies. Counting calories helped me alot. Workout and sweat more.
01 May
Try eating 20 percent protein and 80 percent salads and vegetables
01 May
I lost 40 lbs last year and it was a big difference. I can help your start on a diet but it's better to developed a healthy eating habits instead of diets
01 May
Thanks everyone I already lost 5 lbs I've been just eating lots of veggies and chicken
Image_thumb
13 Posts
May 1, 2014 11:53am
via Android

Changing your diet is going to be the first step. Don't eat too many fruits and watch which ones you are eating as they have natural sugars and some have more than others. Try and cut 90% of carbs out as well. If you need them try to look for whole grains or things like flax seed. And salt. Cut that out almost completely, most of the processed things you put into your body has over the daily amount you should be having. So if you stick to all natural things you won't need to add salt or won't be over doing it.

For me I cut out all 3 for about 2 weeks and last a substantial amount of weight! The purpose of it is to boost your metabolism and kick start your weight loss. If you aren't happy after 2 weeks you can continue or you can start re introducing some sugars like fruits and some carbs like whole wheat pasta and breads

01 May
Awesome thanks for the advice I will defense try it out
01 May
Definately
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
May 1, 2014 12:21pm
via Android

As a family med MD I give the one major advice: avoid getting hungry and eat a high protein low carb diet. Avoiding the being hungry bit is because chances are then that you will consume fast carbs to still the hunger. Chicken breasts boiled or cooked in the owen are great - high protein and low on fully saturated fats. But - fats dont cause weight gain, they are simply non healthy. Avoid alcohol! Alcohol equals sugar. Instead of rice or potatoes, eat bulgur or couscous. Just a few tips.

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
May 1, 2014 12:35pm
via Android

Agree.  But fruits are packed with sugar. Fructose is transformed into fat in the liver as much as glucose. I would say increase intake of green veggies, lower fruit intake of apples, orange, grapes and such.

Image_thumb
13 Posts
May 1, 2014 10:42pm
via Android

Your very welcome! Also don't think of it as a diet as it is not lol the term is referring to the food and drink you put into your body :) also if you have any questions or want any more advice or even meals and snacks just let me know!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51