Need to lose weight.

11 posts | Original | Recent

Jun 3, 2014 6:23pm
via Android

I'm currently 255lb even though I really don't look it (just a gut and a bit around the neck). I would like to be around 180. My problem is time, lower back pain from a car accident, hardly any endurance, and low testosterone. My health and my wife are key factors as to me wanting to lose weight. I want to look good for her and i have concern over my family has a history of heart problems.

I need advice for starting out and to keep me going. I tend to get discouraged easily.

03 Jun
Start slow with causal workouts an when you feel u can increase do it..u have the motivation just have to put it into action!!
Image_thumb
29 Posts
Jun 3, 2014 6:57pm
via Android

Yes ! Start with the easiest (casual) then day by day start the moderate..it will become easy day by day ! Really

Image_thumb
258 Posts
Jun 3, 2014 8:44pm
via Android

Start exercise slowly. Walking. wall pushups. N change eating habits. Cut out soda replace with flavored water. Fill up on a cup of veggies before eating ur meals. Try to cut candy n fat. Change one thing at a time if it seems overwhelming.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jun 3, 2014 8:51pm
via iOS
Remember that even the smallest amount of progress is better than no progress at all! I got discouraged easily too but I keep reminding myself this everyday and it's kept me going :)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jun 3, 2014 8:56pm
via Android

I love to.swimming and.I.do that for my workout.

Jun 3, 2014 9:14pm
via Android

Thank you guys for responding! What exercises would you guys suggest for a new guy? (Remember I have lower back issues from a mva) I don't have a pool, otherwise I would consider starting there. Should I start with stretches mixed with yoga and work my way up to weights and light jogs?

03 Jun
Do whatever makes u comfortable. N something u like. Walking around at a parks always nice
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jun 4, 2014 12:34am
via Android

Have you ever seen the video of a man who could barely walk and started doing yoga. If you haven't you should YouTube it. It's so inspirational and shows that anything is possible as long as you try. You could start with walking.

Image_thumb
140 Posts
Jun 4, 2014 6:49am
via Android

Walking and dieting are the best to start. You can try adding healthy substitutes to ur diet like eating eggwhites in a breakfast sandwich instead of the whole egg. A simple step like that can save you a few hundred calories a week and eggwhites are fat free :) green tea is good for increasing your metabolism. Foods with lots of fiber and protein fill you up without you having to eat much of them. And yogurt  helps your digestive system and has protein.

Image_thumb
258 Posts
Jun 5, 2014 4:05am
via Android

How r u doing?

Jun 5, 2014 8:40pm
via Android

Not bad, a little sore :-)

05 Jun
Its good to b a litle sore... muscle wise if u think u have a small injury skip a day or two
Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Jun 5, 2014 8:52pm
via Android

Well you can start off with clean eating and like everyone said start off with casual workouts. It will be hard at first trust me I know but you can do this. you can also do weight lifting it helps burn fat fast. Things will get better so don't give up and think positive don't bring yourself down. I believe in you

06 Jun

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51