Saying no to mum.

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 19, 2014 11:30am
via Android

I've been doing so well with eating clean but it's so hard to say no to mum when she pops around to cook you a meal. And to top it off my grandmother keeps insisting we go to all you can eat buffets. She's even luring me in with the "I'll pay" trick. Anyone else have problems trying to stick to clean eating when your family are so sweet?

19 Jun
Lol ive always had this problem the past times ive tried dieting. But this time I sat down wid mommaa and told her to please respect my diet. Because I dont feel comfterble the way I do and she is respecting and even cookin healthy meals for herself and myself(:
19 Jun
I'm trying so hard to say no but it so difficult when she makes such yummy foods.
19 Jun
Mum always been such a tiny lady. I mean she's under 5feet so she's never really had a problem with putting on to much weight. She quite a healthy woman always having home made juices. But she makes killer spring rolls and wontons that are so hard to say no to lol.
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Jun 19, 2014 12:40pm
via Android

all you can eat buffets? just hang in there, girl. I think it's a good thing that even though they're insisting, you're still keen on sticking to your plan of clean-eating. Hopefully they'll get the idea that you're serious about it, and they'll back off.. and if not, then don't answer their phone calls for a few days

May I ask, what do you mean by eating clean? Maybe I can try it out..

19 Jun
What I mean by clean eating is eating foods that are as natural as possible. Nothing processed and premade. My meals mainly consists of salads packed with greens and veggies plus one protein, usually salmon or chicken. I also make my own salad dressings so I know exactly what is going into it. It may sound bland and boring but when you find the right recipes it's so delicious.
19 Jun
Homemade dressing recipes would be very helpful:-)
19 Jun
My absolute favourite is this tahini dressing that can used as a spread of dip as well. :-) -1 whole capsicum (bell pepper) cubed -2 cloves garlic -tahini (I usually eyeball this, but I would say half a cup) -juice of half a lemon -sprinkle of cayenne pepper -sprinkle of salt Blend it all up, you may need to add a little water to get the consistency you desire. I personally like it quite thick.
19 Jun
Another one for people with a sweet tooth is this berry vinaigrette. This one I don't have measurements for but I'll try my best. -olive oil -apple cider vinegar -tablespoon of organic honey -teaspoon of Chia seeds -hand full of frozen berries (what ever your preference) -sprinkle of dried basil -sprinkle of salt Blend away, same as the other my need to add water.
19 Jun
Woowzerz thanx Regina!! got some really good stuff in there.. sounds mmm:-)
Image_thumb
140 Posts
Jun 19, 2014 5:54pm
via Android

My boyfriend's dad has a food shopping addiction! He keeps giving us entire cakes and his gf makes food and he invites us over to eat everyday! Ive been saying no because I dont want that lifestyle. Its always super unhealthy and every cheat I had came from them!

19 Jun
I know what you mean. I find it hard to say no because I don't want to seem rude but I guess when they see the progress I've made and the weight I have lost they know why.
20 Jun
They're very overweight though so they dont consider that plus they put extra butter in everything. And they fry bread in butter for before every meal. Its gross
20 Jun
Oh yeh, the more butter the better... :-\

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51