Newbie trying to lose weight after injury.

1 post | Original | Recent
1 Post
Jul 2, 2014 5:10am
via Android

I am a 31 yr old mother of two. At the beginning of this year I broke my leg and pretty much tore my ankle off. After months in bed I have gained a lot of weight. Need help figuring out what exercises I can do and how long. Doctor has released me but said it will take a year for full recovery. I can walk now but I still don't have full mobility of my ankle. Please Help me figure this all out!

02 Jul
First build strength back into your legs to handle the upper weight. In the mean time try some cardio to get rid of the extra stomach but eat lots of fruits and vegetables! And feom there you will find a routine that will work for you. Have patience! Thats key and if you are consistent then you will see results. Hope it works out well for you!
02 Jul
I truly hope all goes well for you. I just had a major lower back surgery myself a couple of months ago and gained way too much weight. Before the surgery I was hardly walking, and put the surgery off for 9 months. I feel your pain. The best I can suggest is to start off easy sticking to low impact stuff like walking and do a lot of core type stuff like yoga. I am just starting to get back on my feet and as former pro athlete it is out of my comfort zone to hold back and...
02 Jul
Thanks guys, I am defiantly taking it slow. I have my good days and bad. Trying to get back on my diet now and trying to take lots of walks with the dog. I will definitely try the core exercises. Thanks again.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51