Energy boost

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 6, 2014 5:10pm
via Android

Here is my dilemma, I average between 2 to 5 hours of sleep every night. I had a sleep study done and was told that I am bordering on insomnia. I work 12 hours a day 7 days a week for 3 weeks then I get 3 weeks off. I just recently started working out in hopes that it might help me sleep. Usually by he end of the day I'm so physically drained that there is nothing left in my tank to even think about working out. Is there any supplements that I can take to give me a boost in energy? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Image_thumb
137 Posts
Jul 6, 2014 8:06pm
via iOS
Well i would not recommend working out in the evening as that actually will energise you more so sleep will be even more difficult. Is there an chance you can squeeze in a 10 minute workout in the morning before work? This will kick start your metabolism for weight loss and will also energise you ready for work. Exercise does aid sleep, but not because it exhausts you, but because it simply helps to regulate sleep patterns over a time. 
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jul 7, 2014 12:07am
via Android

For energy I'd try something with guarana in it, a supplement.. I found a gum, see if it works for you^^ I have insomnia and I found I fall asleep quicker if I excercise in the afternoon/evening and then I take a supplement with magnolia bark extract in it to help me sleep. Good luck :)

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Jul 7, 2014 12:38am
via Android

U can try pre workout like c4 cellucor or Pre of optimum nutrition

Image_thumb
157 Posts
Jul 7, 2014 3:15am
via Android

Try changing your night-time habits. No TV, alcohol, cell phone. Turn the lights low or use candles. Take a bath. Put your feet up. Take a natural sleep aid until you can establish a routine (two weeks - month.) Taking omega 3s will help you sleep better. And have a peanut butter sandwich, it has L-Tryptophan (the amino in Turkey.)

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jul 7, 2014 3:23am
via Android

Well I have been prescribed 3 different sleeping pills and none of them work for me. I don't really the thought of taking sleeping pills. I tried them each for a couple of months and they didn't help me sleep so I stopped taking them.

07 Jul
I guess I was looking for something that not only would help with working out but give me that extra energy. A couple of guys I work with recommended jacked and no explode.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jul 7, 2014 5:43am
via Android

I feel like I'm in the exact same situation.  I'm gonna follow and try some of the advice.  Thanks!

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Jul 16, 2014 7:22am
via Android

I'm the same I work 12 hr shifts switching between days and nights on average I get 3-5 hrs of sleep also.
I have a job where I have to sit at times for the full 12 hrs. So if I go awhile without working out my metabolism drops out on me and I feel extremely fatigued but can't sleep.  I'm not a morning person so I do most of my workouts in the pm the first few weeks is usually dragging my butt and making myself do at least something even if it's only 15 min on the treadmill. After about 2 weeks it gets better. That and diet clean eating i cut simple carbs out and mostly just eat simple fresh food. 
I still only get the same amount of sleep but feel more rested from it and have oodles of energy now.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51