New to this...

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jul 14, 2014 12:37am
via Android

So within the past while I've dropped some weight, a bit more than I think is good to, and I'd like to gain some back but in a healthy way. For example, by building some muscle. This probably sounds like an easy thing to do but I have a slight problem, I'm quite lazy and don't exactly have any motivation to do it. Anyone have any tips I could use? I'd be very grateful for some help!!

14 Jul
Find a lifting partner
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jul 14, 2014 12:42am
via iOS
Don't be lazy
14 Jul
Yeah I'm going to try!
Image_thumb
385 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 10:11am
via Android

Find something inside you thats worth fighting for and keep fighting for it!

Lift heavy weight till you fail and stick to the weight when your happy with the muscle you gained to keep it lean muscle not bloated muscle.

Setup a routine certain time of day/week so there no excuses and never give up.

14 Jul
Exercising releases the "happy hormones" right? That's something that would be good to fight for, as you say, and help me a lot! For lifting, do you have any recommended weight to start at?
14 Jul
You decide based on what your comfortable its different for everyone. Start light with single numbered weights....just remember to push yourself to go a little heavier now and then and dont be afraid to go down in weight..forget what other people can lift is about building muscle not how much you can lift
14 Jul
For me its a bug its creeps up on you, after gym you feel high again...few days later you feel downish and hit gym you feel high again.. then it hits you it makes you happy to be physically free even thou it seemed hard to start with...keep going and reap the rewards
14 Jul
Alright! Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely be trying! And it looks like I've found a new thing the get that good kind of high from... performing is usually that thing for me but my band hasn't done anything recently. I just hope I'll be able to keep up with it!
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 1:24pm
via Android

Find a without partner & a motivator friend
they might be helpful

14 Jul
Yeah they could be! I have a couple friends in mind now that I could ask!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51