Calories Burned...

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 4, 2013 8:13pm
via iOS
Does anyone know if the calories burned are accurate and how many reps should I aim for to come close? New to using this app!
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 4, 2013 8:57pm
via iOS
Do you know what they consider a max rep?
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 4, 2013 9:21pm
via iOS
Thanks
Image_thumb
191 Posts
Jan 4, 2013 10:11pm
via iOS
I use the app on my exercise bike a lot which allows me to compare cals burnt. I have found it to be out by approx 20 -30 cals which I believe Is more about me slacking off than the app. I do feel more confident in the cals burnt given by the app now. And let's face it wats 20-30 cals not even a chocolate biscuit.
04 Jan
I think the max reps is based on u at ur best. U know wen u first start and ur feeling all good and going hard. As it gets tougher ur effort remains the same.
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 4, 2013 10:16pm
via iOS
Thanks I wasn't for sure how accurate it was, it just seemed like alot of calories for such a short time of exercise.  I did the arm exercise earlier and it said I burnt almost 300 calories in 27 mins, I was like no way, but my trainer said I have to take in consideration I was using weights and doing 25 reps for 3 sets he believes give or take between 20 to 40 calories to, but he said I burn that sitting, lol thx for the feed back
04 Jan
Yea I agree about 20-40 definitely not over 50. Which I think isn't to bad. I know wat u mean about the cals burned seeming a bit over projected cause wen I first Started using this app I didn't think it was right. But as I said I'm confident now as long as I keep my effort up it shud match up.
Icon_missing_thumb
172 Posts
Jan 6, 2013 2:23am
via Android

The most accurate way of knowing would be to purchase a heart rate monitor (watch) with chest strap. I personally reccommend the "Polar" brand... But theres all different options to choose from.

06 Jan
Thanks I was looking at those today...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51