Hey!

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jul 31, 2014 10:42pm
via Android

So I haven't been as active and healthy as I should be as it's the holidays and I can't go to the gym at my college anymore. Anyone recommend any home workouts for starting back up again, or ways to motivate myself to eat healthy and be active?

Thanks! :)

01 Aug
There's a 5 day walking plan in my created workouts that includes some extras each workout that are perfect for getting back into things
Handley_portrait_thumb
19 Posts
Jul 31, 2014 10:59pm
via Android

Cardio workouts such as running are a great place to start. Then just add in workouts that work muscles you want to improve (arms, abs, legs etc). If you are looking to make a lifestyle change in what to eat, start off small. Search for recipes that have healthy ingredients that you like. For instance, I found out I really like quinoa and started experimenting with different recipes or that! Good luck :)

31 Jul
Thank you! Honestly walking and running are my favourite exercises because I always feel better afterwards. I was thinking of kinda working them into my routines to get me used to doing more. Also about the food I totally agree. A few months back I became vegan for a week in support of a friend and I discovered a few foods I never thought I'd like. Now I'm just trying to add them into my diet more. Thank you for the tips! :)
31 Jul
No problem! One piece of info I picked up recently is that on average it takes about 30ish min of moderate cardio to start to burn stored fat, so running longer than that can really help shed some pounds! Also, if you do strength training in same workout as cardio, do the strength training first so that your body can use the calories available and the cardio can burn the fat. Lastly, larger muscles burn more calories even when you arent doing anything!
31 Jul
Thanks for the tips Aaron! I'll be sure to bear these in mind before I start planning out my work outs :)
Image_thumb
45 Posts
Jul 31, 2014 10:59pm
via Android

I suggest a vinyasa flow. Yoga. Because it's not too difficult that you'll burn yourself out the first day and not too easy that you won't get the endorphins flowing. And most of all your body just feels amazing afterward. Don't get me wrong working out is great but it's chaotic. You have your music on and the adrenalin is pumping and your mind and body is like AAAH!

At the risk of sounding like a pansy, a Vinyasa flow funnels all that power into something beautiful and graceful. You'll feel, for lack of a better word, great.

Ofcourse you can compliment this with cardio and strength training. That's what I do

2 days yoga + 1 day acro + 3 days body weight training and cardio.

31 Jul
And since you're at home, all you'll need is a yoga mat :)
31 Jul
Thank you! I was considering beginning with yoga because it's something I've never really done before but it's always seemed so relaxing. I'll have to go find the yoga mat! Also I was considering adding in walking here and there because I could literally walk for hours and it's another thing that relaxes me. Thanks again for the tips :)
31 Jul
Trust me...yoga is a great bigging to your fitness journey. Go find the mat! ;) And there are different flows for different muscle groups. So your wanna make sure you target them all. If you need any help I'll point you in the right direction with some videos and tips from my experience (over a year with yoga). Feel free to ask :) Good luck on your journey.
31 Jul
Thank you so much! I'll get googling but if I ever get stuck I'll be sure to find you!
300x300_thumb
168 Posts
Aug 1, 2014 7:10am
via Android

You got the perfect app right in front of your face

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51