Lack of guidance.

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 2, 2014 8:46am
via Android

Hi everyone. I'm trying to start some workout routine to gain some mass and strength. I am a skinny guy. I used to do sports a lot like playing tennis, basketball etc but now since 3 to 4 years I have no such activities. I have been losing weight since then. I am around 5'10" or something and I have a weight around 50kg and this sucks. Can anyone guide me through it like diet and workout routine? It would be very much great if you guys could help me out.

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Aug 2, 2014 9:50am
via Android

Start lifting weights...body building routines low reps with heavy weights to failure.

Bulking up I cant help with as I've never had a problem with that...I eat a salad and gain 2kg some people have a different body types and can terrorise an all you can eat buffet and lose 2kg its proven body types...so they take bulking power shakes not sure if there healthy or not. 

But increasing muscle mass will give you more toned and defined body....think Bruce Lee rather than Arnold Schwarzenegger

02 Aug
I eat a lot as far as how much i think I eat but I don't seem to gain weight. I have just got myself 5kg dumbbells to give it a start. And yeah you're right. I will be thinking for bruce Lee instead of Arnold Schwarzenegger for now lol. Btw do you recommend for me that i should be joining a gym or a bit regular training at home would be okay?
02 Aug
Well I love my gym I spend 3 hours a day there..some people its a waste as they dont go and bury there heads in the sand I did to start with and wasted a whole year in fees. The routines on here are a good start 5kg is not a lot of weight and you will very quickly out grow them...if you can join a gym without contracts etc the go for a month or two a good app is Jefit you can download routines specific to your requirements or target muscle groups which is what I would recommend...
02 Aug
Thanks a lot man. I'll try going to the gym if possible. And i am downloading that app. I will stay in contact with you for help and all if you don't mind haha.
02 Aug
No probs...I always try to motivate my followers :-)
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Aug 4, 2014 1:20am
via iOS
What you need to do is increase your protein intake and plan to gain weight very slowly.

You should aim for 3 to 5 lbs per month to make sure that you are actually gaining muscle mass. 

You need to figure out your basal metabolism rate as well as how many calories you burn each day.

You should try to eat about 800 calories per day over those numbers.  This should help you increase your mass slowly and safely.
04 Aug
So, I should keep an eye on what I eat and how I consume it?
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 4, 2014 2:24am
via Android

Get you a protein mix that is high in protein. I personally use Vitamin Shoppes brand "Body Tech" with a silver cap. Drink within 20 minutes of a strength training workout . This will stop the lactic acid from eating new muscle growth and allow for gains. Also drink casein before bed on heavy workout days. Be warned,  casein will make you fart. Loud, hard, and violent. But only last a few hours.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 4, 2014 6:22am
via Android

I surely don't wish to become Sir Farts-A-Lot. Haha.
I will look for it here. Thank you!

04 Aug
I had the same issue... dude you have to work out.. eat good..you will gain weight I promise you.. 3 months ago I was around 60 kg... now am 80..
04 Aug
Wow. That's awesome. Can you guide me through the diet routine of yours? It will help me out a lot.
Image_thumb
27 Posts
Aug 4, 2014 8:55am
via iOS
Yes. You need to use something to track how much you are eating as well as your macro nutrients.

You should be eating at least 2 grams of protein per kg each day.

If you are going to do protein shakes I recommend nitrotech hardcore.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51