Diet vs soreness

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 6, 2014 11:19pm
via Android

I'm trying to decide if my diet is why im not as sore as I was last time I was working out or if I'm just not working as hard or form isn't as good as it used to be.

Last time that second day was killer would take about 5 min to get moving and would hurt for a few days could bearly move some days.

This time I'm stiff and sore but it's tolerable. I feel like I've been pushing it my heartrate monitor says I am. Don't get me wrong I'm still horribly out of shape lol

The only difference i can think of is This time I've been better at hitting my targets for macros.

Could diet really make that much of a difference?

06 Aug
Don't judge a good workout by 'soreness' if I sit all day my butt will be sore but it's not because I had a good workout. your body does adapt to routine but the real test is how your body is changing!
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Aug 6, 2014 11:21pm
via Android

Diet could have a role in it. I think though it comes down to your body adapting to the routines you put it through, perhaps try increasing the intensity a bit?

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Aug 7, 2014 6:50am
via Android

Diet is important to recovery but your body quickly adapts...thats why its important to mix things up regularly dont let your body get used to doing the same things...also tour muscles are now being used like they was meant to...humans haven't lived cushy lives like we do for long 100 plus years ago people still hunted for food and more so as you go back into the 5-6 million years of human existence and they didnt stop for achey muscles they never got a chance to become lazy..

Imagine when you started your first job you was probably tired after work and didnt want to do much after...few weeks in you wasnt as tired as you've adapted.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51