Newbie looking for tips and workout partners

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 12, 2014 2:19am
via iOS
Hi everyone I am a single mom that has struggled with the way my whole life after the death of my youngest son my eating habits got a little out-of-control now I'm ready to take my life back and lose the weight looking for some motivational help and tips on the best Workouts for beginners
Image_thumb
385 Posts
Aug 12, 2014 3:00am
via Android

Firstly I feel for you in your loss...I'm  also a single parent for the time being and I know it isn't always easy being a dual parent and finding time, for me routine helps me stick to training same as 8.45am school 9am gym every week day...evenings I do kickboxing and the kids do too...they need to be healthy as well and when I can I do routines on this app and try to get the kids involved.

If your sure your ready to take back the controls on your life including your emotions...then fight...fight every bad thing thats happened to you..

Clear your mind and dont stop cause your life depends on it...and your  children depend on you, never let a thought of giving up change your emotion, thoughts are just like an opinion...one you can choose to ignore.

12 Aug
Thanks Matt I tried getting my son to do some of the workouts with me and we seem to just get in each other's way so lately we have been going to the pool and while he plays I can swim laps. He start school this year and I'm hoping it will help to give me time to better myself
12 Aug
We have been going to the pool on a regular basis so that I can swim laps while he plays because I know that is a grateful body workout
12 Aug
It certainly will..The summer hols have messed my morning routine (only 4 weeks left :-\)....luckily in kickboxing the trainer deals with them and not me :-) .. In the mean time start planning nutrition...healthy with a bit of what you like now and again...start doing routines on this app maybe when they go to bed or while there playing...there is a few 2 min routines you can do.
Icon_missing_thumb
37 Posts
Aug 12, 2014 4:41am
via Android

Welcome aboard Alisha!

Image_thumb
43 Posts
Aug 12, 2014 9:30pm
via Android

Welcome Alisha. You will find great encouragement and positive support on the app. I have been a member for a few months and I find I am much more motivated and look forward to working out now that I have people to share the good and bad with related to workout and diet goals and struggles. Please let me know if you would like to have a more involved workout partner to check in with and share with. Best of luck and remember that working out and getting healthy can and should be fun too. :-)

12 Aug
Thanks Angela I would definitely love to have someone to help keep me accountable I have about 40 pounds to lose and I'm looking forward to starting this new chapter in my life

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51