How can you figure out how many calories you've burned?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 14, 2014 7:05am
via Android

Is there a formula of some sort I can use as a general guideline?

Normally my heart rate monitor tells me but I can't wear it at work, When I am working in this position.
It is a very physically demanding job was just curious how many calories I burn doing it for 12 hrs.

Lol now I remember why I never had to workout to keep fit when I used to work this position full time.

Image_thumb
27 Posts
Aug 14, 2014 8:30am
via iOS
If you have a demanding job then your best bet wouldn't be to use a heart rate monitor to measure calories burned during working hours.

The heart rate monitor is actually incredibly inaccurate for resting and non exercise activities.  Also the hrm does not account for your basal metabolism during that time.

If your goal is tracking calories for weight loss or to figure out how much you should be eating your best bet would be to take your normal basal metobalism rate and apply a multiplier for the whole day........

If your goal is to know how many calories to add at the end of the day for work, then I recommend you add zero calories and then have that as a pleasant surprise each time you step on the scale.
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 14, 2014 8:28pm
via Android

It's not my reg. Job anymore i just was helping out for 3 night because everyone was off on holidays. My job I sit for 12 hrs straight.

But was just curious. 

But your post help me out.  I took an average of how many calories I used to eat to maintain my weight (from my fitness pal) and subtracted my bmr.

It ended up being around 1800.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51