Ankle problems

2 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Aug 28, 2014 7:51pm
via Android

Some background first:
I had an accident early on in the summer that broke both of my lower leg bones and dislocated my ankle in my left leg. I started using this app about a month ago to try to keep in shape and to create workouts to avoid using that leg. (And to avoid going stir crazy). This is my first time posting. Now I'm at a point where I can start rehabilitating that leg.

So far I've been using's ankle recovery how-to stretches, walking on it whenever possible, and been trying to put more and more weight on it. I'm still relying on the walker and it still feels a bit stiff. Has anyone out there gone through anything similar and/or have any suggestions on how to rehabilitate my ankle?

31 Aug
Consult with a Physical Therapist in your area.
03 Sep
I have knee and ankle problems because the many years as a dancer has taken it's tole! So I struggle to do strenuous cardio exercises such as running! But....I find swimming and same level biking is a good way to get my cardio exercise! At the same time I do yoga and leg kick exercises! I hope this helps as I know how hard it is!
03 Sep
Thank you Jasmine :-) Good suggestions
03 Sep
Brian I will if it comes to that but between expences I've already accumulated and the Dr's suggestion on doing what I can first I think I'll wait until I know more firmly I'm behind schedule
230 Posts
Aug 29, 2014 4:04am
via Android

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51