School+ concussions

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Sep 3, 2014 12:59pm
via iOS
I had 3 very bad concussions last year from sports and because of that I have a a lot of docters appt and physiotherapy and some days I just feel horrible and I can't go to school, it's also very hard to concentrate and think and sometimes I blank and can't even right my name on a paper, I'm in grade 10 and I have a lot of amazing friends at my school and I love all of my classes but my parents and my docters want me to try homeschool/online school cause I can do the work on my own time and I won't be missing a lot of days , they also said I could still go for lunches to hang with my friends but what do you guys think?? Should I try out for 1 semester or what would be best??
03 Sep
Stay at school nothing is better than staying with your friends all the time instead of just lunch
03 Sep
I feel so bad for you. My daughter was a cheerleader in highschool. She also suffered from 3 concussions. We were advised to put her on the 504 plan thru the school. The plan allows accommodations and modifications in all aspects of a child's education to ensure success in a school environment. She was able to take the days off when needed and if homework was to difficult to do because of the pain then she had additional time to complete the assignment. Good luck to you....
Image_thumb
83 Posts
Sep 3, 2014 1:36pm
via Android

That's quite a complicated situation I'm close to you. However, IMHO you should be home schooled, coz finishing your studies is really important and has the priority. If you lose too many school days you may have to repeat the class, and trust me you don't want that lol your friends will understand I think, and hope, and still will ask you to hang out together, go to parties etc. Yeah it will be way more boring while home schooled because you'll be by yourself with none of your friends to talk to during class, but in those kind of situations there's nothing else you could do to sail safe through the dark seas of schooling (aw what I great poet am II deserve a Nobel prize lol). This was just my opinion, the choice is yours to take :) Peace, sis'

03 Sep
Haha, thanks a bunch!:)
03 Sep
You're very welcome :3
Image_thumb
78 Posts
Sep 3, 2014 4:35pm
via Android

Well, I used to go to a private school then became homeschooled. I think if you are missing to many days you should give it a try. Also, the homeschooling community is very large in my area. This means that we as homeschoolers get together and do either school work or just hang out. I did miss my friends from school, but I made many more after becoming homeschooled. Just make sure you actually do school work; there are also people who say the are homeschooled, but really they just play games all day. If you have any more questions or need any advice, feel free to say something.

03 Sep
Thank you so much!:)
Image_thumb
38 Posts
Sep 3, 2014 10:41pm
via Android

However you get it your school education is really important so try and keep up with it. If that means being at home and seeing your friends at dinner then you'll probably have the best of both worlds. If you do get home schooled it will be important to stay in touch with your friends, some of the friends you have now will probably be with you for the rest of your life.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51