Well here goes

6 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 7, 2014 11:22pm
via Android

Hi all,

My name is John im 39 from south west england, im 5ft 6 and weigh 14st 11llbs, and I need to lose weight, im on medication for chronic permanent ear pain, which side effects include loss of appetite, loss of sleep, so I don't each much, I don't drink alcohol or smoke and no matter what I do I can't seem to shed any weight, I recently got a mountain bike to start cycling to see if it helps, so I'll be looking for help and motivation, as I lack motivation, it sounds good in my head lol but when it comes to it, well you know how it goes.

08 Sep
Agree with what's been said. Chronic under-eating due to medical ailments that murdered my appetite killed my metabolism. Make sure you get enough healthy calories, even if you need to do it only a couple of bites at a time. I was severely anemic due to gluten intolerance. Once I got the diet squared away, everything else followed. My journey isn't over, but at a petite 5'4 I'm down from 245 lbs to 140, mostly on healthy eating, eating enough, and cardio. I need to lose a bit more and tone up, but I can testify from experience that everything...
Image_thumb
385 Posts
Sep 8, 2014 11:10am
via Android

The first thing you need to sort out is your nutrition...you will lose weight sat on your behind if your diet is in place. You dont need anything fancy or the latest fad diet just keep calories in 1700 to 2000 range and weight will drop albeit slowly....low fat is better for heart, chicken and beef is good proteins...eat carbs like veggies, rice and pasta is moderation and earlier in the day...protein take longer to burn so you use cals to burn it.

To speed it up eat small and around 6 times a day...even if you dont feel like it small amount through the day keeps your metabolism running.

Exercise speeds it up as you burn more cals and anything you like to try will help you nothing special needed but combination of weight lifting and hiit cardio will be best path.

If you want it then only you can get it, no magic pills, no special person can do it for you they can only rinse your wallet! Good luck...Im in UK as well...nr Manchester!

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 8, 2014 12:26pm
via Android

Thanks matt, when you say eat small, any recommendations.

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Sep 8, 2014 1:10pm
via Android

Instead of eating 3 meals a day eat 6 snack size meals a day!

Turns our 3 meals a day theory wasnt as good as they thought, after 3-4 hours your bodies metabolism slows to save energy and starts storing energy (fat) by eating small often your metabolism thinks well its ok to burn excess energy as there is plenty coming in (food) by keeping track of your calories your body allows you to burn excess regularly and you loose weight. Eating 1 meal a day might seem like you will loose weight but it means most of the time your metabolism is in starvation mode storing as much energy (fat) as it can.

Snack size means that like a chicken breast or leg a steak on its own, spread your food thought the day start with breakfast forget cereals there full of sugar, porridge good or some chicken, frw strips of grilled bacon and poached egg if you want just remember small thought the day and keep a diary of cals...a good app called my fitness pal stores calories and can even scan barcodes to help your diary...

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Sep 8, 2014 1:10pm
via Android

Bike ridings great but people think it's all about the exercise; its not! Diet is important too! I'm an IBS sufferer and I'm on medication perminant too. I know how hard it can be to find motivation but if your not healthy on the inside you can at least look it on the outside right? I'm gonna follow you as I'd like to see your journey

Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Sep 8, 2014 7:28pm
Thanks Matt & Helen, I'll certainly give it a good go

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51