Workouts to drop bra sizes?

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Sep 8, 2014 7:56pm
via Android

I'm naturally very big busted and despite being a size 6 (xs), I can't drop down from a 28HH bust (UK size). I need advice on best exercise to tone chest. Also to workout back to help support my bust.

08 Sep
From what I've heard there's not much you can do about the boobs themselves. If you don't carry fat on your chest, no amount of exercise will shrink them. However, I've also read that exercises for the pectoral muscles can help support them and may visually minimize them. I lost a ton of weight and with it bra sizes(36K to 30GG), and I did lose bands faster than cups, so if you're still losing weight you might even out a bit (I was a 28J for a bit-hated that-so hard to fit!), but it's very individual.
08 Sep
Thanks she'll that's really helpful. I hate being big busted but if I can at leatlst make them perky and my back stronger I'll be happy. So I'll look up some workouts for what you suggested. Thanks so much. People don't understand the big boob struggle hahaha.
08 Sep
I read something in the forums about this topic somewhere...
09 Sep
If you are on birth control, that could be the reason. I lost 80 lbs and went from a DD to a B, then got on birth control and they went back up to a C(without gaining any weight back)..never realized it could effect them that much!!
09 Sep
Being a male I can't say much about the struggles of dealing with large breast but cardio(with I'm guessing a good sports bra or two)may help reduce total body fat(which could include the breast tissue fat.) I'd look more at postural exercises to help carry the added weight of the breast. Focus on the mid and upper back( traps, lats, rhoimboids, posterior delts, and scapular stabilizers(rotator cuff, serratus,lower traps). Core strengthening for posture(front, back and sides). Pectoral stretching and if you want to do any strengthening of the pecs I'd suggest the upper pecs(incline) to help with lift. Good luck.
Head_thumb
24 Posts
Sep 8, 2014 9:11pm
via Android

I totally understand. I don't really mind the boobs anymore, I just wish they made decent bras for the small band/large cup size range. If my entire torso is only 30 inches around, what kind of mutant would I have to be to have 15 inches of that as boobs. It's statistically improbable, to say the least. 
If you're on reddit, you should consider paying a visit to bigboobproblems. I know this subject was discussed, and I think we talk about sports bras at least every other day. Lol. It's a handy resource, or just somewhere to commiserate.

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Sep 8, 2014 10:23pm
via Android

Building pec muscle will actually make them seem larger due to them being pushed out and up. Cardiovascular exercise is all you can do without surgery,  typically breast tissue is some of the first to go with cardiovascular training, it just might take a little time.

08 Sep
It's not that simple with breast tissue. Every woman has a different tissue to fat to skin ratio. Working the chest, depending on individual body type can swallow up excess skin, making the breasts appear smaller and perkier. It's hit or miss, but fairly common in this size range. I lost through cardio, because I carry fat very evenly from tip to toe (I also lost 2 shoe sizes), but other ladies I know on the same exercise regimen actually gained cup volume because they carried very little fat in their chest, and carried much more in hips and thighs....
Image_thumb
17 Posts
Sep 18, 2014 12:09pm

Ive lost weight but my boobs just dont move. They stay the same. I guess its just the way im made :/ Im trying peck workout to lift them a bit but i do really wanna reduce their size too, they are too big for my liking.

18 Sep
Hahahahaha, big issue for sure xD
Image_thumb
29 Posts
Sep 18, 2014 6:03pm
via Android

You're probably genetically prone to holding adipose tissue there, but if your eating properly and doing plenty of cardio they should drop in size slowly. They are calorie storage areas, and not immune to your body needing to use those calories to fuel your metabolic needs. Look at any serious distance runners, they all have less than average breast tissue, it's not a coincidence.

18 Sep
This is true for some, but not all ladies. Was true for me, but I know others who gained cup sizes this way. The ratio of breast tissue to fat tissue varies a lot from one person to the next. Also worth bearing in mind that busty women often find running very uncomfortable, so your observation there is skewed because not many busty women naturally gravitate toward running in the first place. The real answer here is unfortunately 'it depends'. There's no way to know how much fat is carried in the bust until overall body fat is reduced. Given...
Image_thumb
29 Posts
Sep 18, 2014 8:00pm
via Android

I'll try not to be too long winded with my explanation, so here we go. If you're running at a caloric deficit, your body is consuming energy stores (fat). You cannot gain fat (or breast size) unless your caloric intake exceeds your caloric expendatures. Most people don't count calories or examine the amount burned so they aren't aware of how easy it is to consume excess calories.  I never said it is easy to do, you (as women) are fighting million years of evolution that has told you to store every calorie possible, which has now become an adverse adaptation for many men and women. Estrogen itself slows the release of fat cells after exercise, making it more difficult to lose (again an adaptation). Breast size is mostly based on the about of fat tissue stored in them, the specific tissue type is subcutaneous - which is the same as you find on your hips or sides. So although breast size is heavily determined by genetics, it isn't immune to fat loss, it's just stubborn about it. And trying to reduce them to a liveable size via cardio is worth taking a serious effort at versus going under the knife. Luckily there are plenty of cardio options that are friendlier to large busted women than running and just as if not more effective. :)

18 Sep
Again. You are making blanket statements and ignoring genetics. Breasts are made up of fat tissue AND glandular tissue. The proportion of how much of one versus the other a person has is highly individual, just like genetics determine if you will be tall or short. I am not saying cardio will not potentially help. I am warning against making blanket statements. I have gone from a 36K to a 30GG. And yes, I did carry a lot of fat in my bust, however, if you know anything at all about bra sizes you also know that that means I...
Image_thumb
29 Posts
Sep 18, 2014 9:15pm
via Android

I am making blanket statements about simple science that applies to all animals. I didn't ignore genetics either, as I said evolution has caused us to hold onto fat as best we can, like any other animal. And I even mentioned breast size being mostly gentetic..lol. And where people store fat is strongly tied to their ethnicity. Also, it's very rare for glandular tissue to exceed 50% of the breasts composition. For most women their about 70% fat & 30% glandular tissue. Typically the smaller the breast gets, a higher % will be glandular tissue. I'm not saying she could effectively remove her breasts entirely from cardio. I am saying there's no reason they shouldn't be able to decrease some amount to a more manageable size over time. Also, appearing skinny doesn't mean having a low body fat %, people who look skinny often have the same internal body fat percentage as an obese person. On a side note, BMI doesn't measure body fat and is often misleading. Not that this applies to the original poster, who appears to be very fit. Anyways, again the point of all this is it takes time and effort, but is worth trying before considering surgery if it's that bad.

18 Sep
SOME is the operative term here. I am concerned that the wording you use may cause unreasonably high hopes. In band sizes below 32, body type is almost always average to slender, with a body fat percentage that falls in the normal to low range. I think we can assume normal in OP's case since she is here posting. It's very unlikely in this bra size range and statistically improbable that body fat percentage would be particularly high. Knowing that, it would be unrealistic to assume considerable loss of bust volume. 1-3 cup sizes would be within reason to expect....
Image_thumb
140 Posts
Sep 18, 2014 9:37pm
via Android

Cardio helped me loose a cup size running for a good 45 min a few days a week

Image_thumb
29 Posts
Sep 18, 2014 10:29pm
via Android

I said "slowly", amung other things, that suggest a longer period of time than a day. The "quick" fix is surgery,  which I suggested she avoid unless a last resort. And I'll leave it at that, because there's plenty of information here, as well on the net for her to go off of. Best of luck with your back! :)

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Sep 18, 2014 11:47pm
via Android

Why

Image_thumb
1 Post
Sep 21, 2014 1:52am
via Android

Hi, sorry but at best the answer will be "depends", at worst you'll gain a size or 2 and lose in band size. I've been working out for 5yrs and I've gone up in size, from 32EE to 28G :( ... Workout your whole body, but pay special attention to your back (lower and upper). 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51